Won't lie, after spending so much time with the new animations, I've grown to love them and, personally, think they're better then the old ones. That said though, I love seeing them add new animations so, more of those is always appreciated. :)
If I have the option to change between the old ones and new ones for each animation (ex: old idle animation with new running animation with new crawling animation), then yes for sure.
There are reasons for animation changes. You cant change the repair animations and keep the new generator models, for example.
Even worse - trying to divert resources to something like this is a big challenge for no benefit. The old animations were better in some ways - but trying to create an entirely new coding system to inject and maintain unique animations is a lot of load when the devs don't even know what the hell healing is or how to balance it.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Since Huntress's Baby Yada Skin has a new animation. I will say yes for that one. I would like to see a Blight's or Legion's custom animation.
Not really bothered since I'm a new player but it would be interesting to try out the old animations and see what the fuss is about.
Won't lie, after spending so much time with the new animations, I've grown to love them and, personally, think they're better then the old ones. That said though, I love seeing them add new animations so, more of those is always appreciated. :)
If by that you mean "getting the old animations back", then sure.
Yes but in a different way. I would love to have more emotes in the game. Nothing crazy like dances but smaller stuff like waving.
If I have the option to change between the old ones and new ones for each animation (ex: old idle animation with new running animation with new crawling animation), then yes for sure.
Yes. I miss the old animations.
There are reasons for animation changes. You cant change the repair animations and keep the new generator models, for example.
Even worse - trying to divert resources to something like this is a big challenge for no benefit. The old animations were better in some ways - but trying to create an entirely new coding system to inject and maintain unique animations is a lot of load when the devs don't even know what the hell healing is or how to balance it.