Dumb Question Regarding Pinhead Voicing

Do survivors hear his audio? I played him today and played against him twice, but honestly - I don't remember.

Comments

  • Yes. If he says something and you're nearby you'll hear it.

    The exception to this is "YOU OPENED THE BOX" or "YOU SUMMONED ME" (or whatever other variations there are), which are map wide (the "I CAME" are not).

  • Yep and there's nothing scarier than hearing a muffled "I CAME" through the walls and not knowing where he is.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Yes. If he says something and you're nearby you'll hear it.

    The exception to this is "YOU OPENED THE BOX" or "YOU SUMMONED ME" (or whatever other variations there are), which are map wide (the "I CAME" are not).

    @Pulsar said:

    Yep and there's nothing scarier than hearing a muffled "I CAME" through the walls and not knowing where he is.

    Yes! Thanks.

    After I do my little event challenge, I may put some time into getting better on him. Have also put together a rather savage little build.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774396#Comment_2774396

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774398#Comment_2774398

    Yes! Thanks.

    After I do my little event challenge, I may put some time into getting better on him. Have also put together a rather savage little build.

    May I make a recommendation that you've probably already figured out lmao?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774418#Comment_2774418

    May I make a recommendation that you've probably already figured out lmao?

    Sure, go ahead.

  • Run Lethal Pursuer.

    Early game pressure is key for Pinhead and Lethal lets you find the Box reliably. It can't spawn within 40 meters of Pinhead or within 16 meters of Survivors.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774430#Comment_2774430

    Run Lethal Pursuer.

    Early game pressure is key for Pinhead and Lethal lets you find the Box reliably. It can't spawn within 40 meters of Pinhead or within 16 meters of Survivors.

    Yes, I used to do that (following Otz's little guide) but I've actually moved away from it.

    The early hunt is very nice, but I find it to be a touch inconsistent. Too often I'll get spawned in the middle of RPD or Haddonfield and have survivors on both sides. One of my quirks is that I value consistency over peak power.

    Right now, I'm running a pretty idiosyncratic set of builds. Having some success with all 4.

    Pain Resonance+Agitation+Plaything+Pentimento is excellent. I find it starts applying massive pressure as soon as I get a hook and it works like a charm. Penti is growing on me.

    I also like full hexes on him (ToTH, Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope/Penti/HG/Retribution).

    LP+Pop+Devour+BF/Undying is solid, consistent and what I was running for quite a while.

    However, the one that I'm running now and doing gorgeously on is my Doctor build, PR+Agi+Starstruck+DMS.

    PR+Agi is just never not good, Starstruck and hunts force people to leave gens and DMS shuts them down. This is probably what I'll be running for the foreseeable future. It's a wrecking ball.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774432#Comment_2774432

    Yes, I used to do that (following Otz's little guide) but I've actually moved away from it.

    The early hunt is very nice, but I find it to be a touch inconsistent. Too often I'll get spawned in the middle of RPD or Haddonfield and have survivors on both sides.

    Right now, I'm running a pretty idiosyncratic set of builds. Having some success with all 4.

    Pain Resonance+Agitation+Plaything+Pentimento is excellent. I find it starts applying massive pressure as soon as I get a hook and it works like a charm. Penti is growing on me.

    I also like full hexes on him (ToTH, Ruin, Undying, Devour Hope/Penti/HG/Retribution).

    LP+Pop+Devour+BF/Undying is excellent, and what I was running for quite a while.

    However, the one that I'm running now and doing gorgeously on is my Doctor build, PR+Agi+Starstruck+DMS.

    PR+Agi is just never not good, Starstruck and hunts force people to leave gens and DMS shuts them down. This is probably what I'll be running for the foreseeable future. It's just a wrecking ball.

    I do like Penti as well.

    I used to run it on Artist and Legion.

    Survivors did not like the Thana 20% slowdown plus 30% for Penti and PGTW.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774453#Comment_2774453

    I do like Penti as well.

    I used to run it on Artist and Legion.

    Survivors did not like the Thana 20% slowdown plus 30% for Penti and PGTW.

    Yow! That would be a blast on Legion.

    Artist - I'm getting pretty consistent with sniping now (my best moment of today was hitting a pair with a Hands bird, then getting both of them downed on the next volley) but I don't find that I can keep multiple people injured the way Legion can.

    I mostly play her as a hard chasedown killer. I'm also finding that STBFL is really, really good on her - which is a bit counterintuitive.