Thank you, BHVR for the QoL Changes

I just wanted to say that amidst the dreadful swamp of hate this community is giving the team (and Patrick in particular) that this patch has been the single best patch EVER for me thanks to the QoL changes.


Some of you might hate it, but I find both the Wiggle Change and the M1 toggle changes to be an absolute godsend.


I no longer have to break my keyboard to wiggle.


I no longer have to cramp my wrist to do gens.


And the fact that both of these things are toggles should shut up any whiners in the "I liked it better before" camp. If you do not like it, you do not have to use it.


As for me, the inner left side of my middle finger presses against my outer mouse when I play. This is minor, but after 3 hours of playing this starts to get tender and sore because of pressure of holding M1. Since the patch, I have not had a single issue.


Thank you, BHVR. I appreciate it.

Comments

  • People dislike the wiggle change because it was an unneeded buff and making it so it was faster was not needed. No one has an issue with the idea of wiggle skill checks. People take issue with how they made it so wiggle skill checks are faster than old wiggling. It was not necessary to sneak a buff into a QoL change like that. If the wiggle change didn't shave a second off of wiggle time, I doubt anyone would have voiced any issue against it. Instead, it gives you a faster wiggle for...no real reason.


    I'm cool with the skillchecks but making it a stealth buff isn't cool.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    People dislike the wiggle change because it was an unneeded buff and making it so it was faster was not needed. No one has an issue with the idea of wiggle skill checks. People take issue with how they made it so wiggle skill checks are faster than old wiggling. It was not necessary to sneak a buff into a QoL change like that. If the wiggle change didn't shave a second off of wiggle time, I doubt anyone would have voiced any issue against it. Instead, it gives you a faster wiggle for...no real reason.

    I'm cool with the skillchecks but making it a stealth buff isn't cool.


    You need to hit every single skill check perfectly to get off the Killer's shoulder 6.25% faster. That is negligible.

  • @WesCravenFan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774357#Comment_2774357

    You need to hit every single skill check perfectly to get off the Killer's shoulder 6.25% faster. That is negligible.

    No, it is not. A second matters. I have had tons upon tons of situations where 1 second would free me. More than I can count. And if it's so negligible, why is it there? Why not remove it? Why sneak the buff in AT ALL?

    And since the skill checks aren't like real skill checks, they never move and it's a simple rhythm. If you can play guitar hero on the easiest mode, you can hit these skills checks in the great section 100% of the time, especially if you play a lot. If they were like real skill checks where the great section is near the edge, then it would be different. But they intentionally made it easier.


    I am again cool with the skill checks and like those but there was no reason to put the buff in and it would have been easier to NOT put it in then it would be to argue with everyone that it's not that big of a deal. I just don't get why it was put in.

  • I'd prefer the M1 toggle to be gens only, and to not automatically cancel for no apparently reason but it's a good change and I am really pleased at is optional.

    And yes the treatment of the devs after the stream has been disgusting.

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    I'd prefer the M1 toggle to be gens only, and to not automatically cancel for no apparently reason but it's a good change and I am really pleased at is optional.

    And yes the treatment of the devs after the stream has been disgusting.

    Why gens only? I have found it to be really helpful with totems as well.

  • Oh man I love all the QoL changes especially the one where they made an FOV slider and changed shadowborn, oh wait.

  • @SunsetSherbet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774364#Comment_2774364

    No, it is not. A second matters. I have had tons upon tons of situations where 1 second would free me. More than I can count. And if it's so negligible, why is it there? Why not remove it? Why sneak the buff in AT ALL?

    And since the skill checks aren't like real skill checks, they never move and it's a simple rhythm. If you can play guitar hero on the easiest mode, you can hit these skills checks in the great section 100% of the time, especially if you play a lot. If they were like real skill checks where the great section is near the edge, then it would be different. But they intentionally made it easier.

    I am again cool with the skill checks and like those but there was no reason to put the buff in and it would have been easier to NOT put it in then it would be to argue with everyone that it's not that big of a deal. I just don't get why it was put in.


    Take the number of times a Survivor is picked up. Now subtract the number of times they were saved by a flashlight. Now subtract the number of times the nearest hook was sabotaged. Now subtract the number of times the Survivor was hooked in so fewer seconds no amount of wiggling would matter.


    Got that number? That is the number of times the survivor would be hooked from wiggling. Now take THAT number and subtract the number of times that Survivor got every single perfect skill check.


    THAT is the number you are complaining about. An instance so rare the statistic will not fit on a pie chart.

  • I like the Wiggle Change because it helps Survivor BP gain.

    You get mad BP for those Greats and it's nice.

  • I wish the wiggle change had not included Great Skill Checks, otherwise, it's perfect. I'd rather do that than spam A/D. It was an uneeded buff, when they already buffed wiggle mechanics a bit with the drop/25%. It might only be a second, but that second can be the difference between a hook and a stun.

  • @gilgamer said:

    Oh man I love all the QoL changes especially the one where they made an FOV slider and changed shadowborn, oh wait.

    We can only dream that in this year and age, game with default 87 FOV would be considered a sick joke that it is

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2774383#Comment_2774383

    We can only dream that in this year and age, game with default 87 FOV would be considered a sick joke that it is

    It's awful.

  • Calling it the best patch is a bit of a stretch. A lot of the changes range from meaningless (furtive chase and coh) to questionable (Nemesis and Twin addon nerfs).

    The skill check wiggle is nice but the boost speed is unnecessary. Unless you intentionally go out of your way to hit only good skill checks you'll wiggle out faster than 16 seconds which is not a buff survivors need.

    Pinhead VO is nice but not really enough to carry a patch either.

  • Ehhhh. The QoL changes are nice yeah but at the same time they could be better (why not allow us to toggle/hold specific actions?)