New separate queue idea

This is an idea for a new queue in addition to the regular play as killer, survivor, swf.

I'll also preface this by saying the idea comes from the moba Smite I used to play several years ago. The idea is based on a "rolling queue"

So my idea would be for players that don't have a strong preference to playing as just killer or just survivor. It would be a random queue that takes 5 players and just picks 1 to be killer and the other 4 are survivor.

A rolling queue system works in that there is a timer that repeatedly goes from a certain timer like 2 minutes and when it reaches 0 it pulls everyone waiting in the queue and assigns them into a lobby. The timer can be adjusted based on the amount of people that queue up.

The difficulty would be you wouldn't be queueing up with a certain killer and survivor already selected so during the normal pre match lobby you would have to be able to adjust your character instead of just load out.

I don't know if it would be something that would be popular or work. The devs could just make a random queue using the system they currently use and I would enjoy that too.

Comments

  • I wouldn't mind that actually, I main survivor these days but I'd happily go for a random chance of playing killer

    It would only be a 1 in 5 chance that you'd get killer though so I can't imagine that killer mains would use it that often.

  • @conqueror_worm__ said:

    I wouldn't mind that actually, I main survivor these days but I'd happily go for a random chance of playing killer

    It would only be a 1 in 5 chance that you'd get killer though so I can't imagine that killer mains would use it that often.

    Someone that mains a role probably wouldn't use it often but for people without a strong preference might enjoy it.

  • I'd totally use it as I swap back and forth between the two anyway, and unlike most queue ideas it might even have a non-zero probability of even being considered as it doesn't split the playerbase in any way.

  • @oxygen said:

    I'd totally use it as I swap back and forth between the two anyway, and unlike most queue ideas it might even have a non-zero probability of even being considered as it doesn't split the playerbase in any way.

    The issue I don't have answer for though is making it work with sbmm. I don't think it could be balanced that way, it would just be up to random chance so some matches might not be as fair.

  • I think it would be fun. People would get less set in their roles this way.

    I think the Friday the 13th game did something similar.

  • Since killers are locked into a lobby due to mmr, they'd have to unlock that first.