Comparison between good and bad uses of linked cosmetics
god that felix cosmetic is ugly as hell
god that felix cosmetic is ugly as hell
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Felix’s is probably because of his back pack cosmetics
I actually noticed that the Jill cosmetic is from the og version but it's not how I like to spend auric cells on.
There is absolutely NO logical reason why that Twins cosmetic is linked.
I've separated it, so have others. There are no clipping issues with any of the pieces, at least none that are even noticeable. And the pieces look great combined with the Twins other cosmetics. If it has to do with the change in skin tone, well you can do even worse with Hags cosmetics and hers aren't linked... If a developer sees this, please unlink that set or give an actually good reason why that decision was made.
I'm assuming with the longer hair head cosmetics, they want them linked so they can't be combined and clip into torsos with backpacks or accessories on the back.
That Felix skin is my 13th reason
Jill's I can understand since it's probably capcom's decision, but Twins? Kate?
Lmao I love the "Why"
I do wish they applied some logic to their choices but really the answer to every argument is "Yeah, but we want more money"
Felix's is a perfect example. I would love to use the clothes with his Oktoberfest hair, but since they want to be stubborn, I won't be buying any of it at all lol
That Jane outfit from the greek legend, no reason the hair should be restricted. The toga part, sure, maybe. But I think that was the first example of unnecessary sets.
Full agree on the way you divvied those up - with the exception of Jill, but in Jill's case, it's more that they make you pay 1080 when it should be 720. I get why cosmetics are linked when it's a licensing issue, it's a separate character, or when the whole outfit is a massive deviation from the character's normal mesh/clothes seams and it'd have invisible bits if you were to mix them with other cosmetics. (Though in many of those cases, the killer's weapon and the survivor's hair could be quite safely unlinked from the whole.)
Another example of 'why is this linked' is Yun-Jin's blue socialite outfit. And before anyone says clipping, she has other unlinked cosmetics that clip much worse than cosmetic-glitch versions of that. Same with Feng Min's pajamas.
I'm surprised they keep pushing ahead with linked sets, particularly linked sets when the clipping issues are very minor or resemble unlinked pieces that character already has anyway. The feedback on them has been overwhelmingly negative. Sales must show something different.
If people stopped buying them bhvr would stop making them. its not that hard lmao
Profits matter, players don't. If they stop playing they'll do something, else they don't care.
The Twins cosmetic baffled me the most. I can't even begin to figure out why that one is linked. All the others, I can at least guess which part is the problem.
Hair clipping is very minor on the whole. Like, the new Plague butterfly headdress clips through her hair on bodies that don't have a veil draped over her head It still looks fine. It's pretty common on unlinked pieaces that some hairs go through shoulders a bit, or rest on invisible surfaces that are set higher than what you're currently wearing. It's not that noticeable.
Even in cases where it does go straight through an object... Feng has an unlinked skirt that clips massively with most of her tops. Is it really an issue? Players will, for the most part, self-police that aspect and not use cosmetics that look bad together. Unless that's the point and they don't want to enable people that'd make their characters look like hot messes on purpose, but I can already go to Hag and use her bright green cabbage patch hair, her dark blue claw, and her red-veined grey body, so...
Yeah, I'm just assuming that's the devs take on locking heads with long hair. Obviously clipping will always be an issue, you can't fully get rid of it but you can limit it to an extent.
The devs originally said cosmetic sets were going to be sets consisting of 2-3 pieces, but they clearly didn't commit to that.
Imagine Paying For 15$ Cosmestics Lmao