Event Feedback
Just wanted to share some feedback on the event.
1. I love all gens/hooks being event hooks - this is the way it should be every event. Not only is it festive but it also makes events more fun. There's no preventing one side from getting event BP by camping a gen or sabotaging a specific hook. It also doesn't make you feel like you wasted BP/offering when you don't get event BP due to being prevented from completing gen/using hook. Please make sure this is a thing for all events.
2. Love all survivors getting event BP when a gen is completed, even when not on the gen when it finished. It feels terrible to get chased off a gen that's almost finished only to hear it pop and miss out on the event BP. Because of that survivors will stay on a gen instead of saving teammates, letting them go to second state or even die to avoid missing out on event BP of they leave the gen. Again, please keep this as a feature for future events.
3. Red envelopes - I like this mechanic, from what I could tell in the matches I played the envelopes were always claimed. I've seen more using the envelopes instead of hoarding them away because you get your BP from activating your envelope and having someone claim it, you're unlikely to miss out on BP like with other event offerings which is a very good thing. I also like that the previous Lunar event offering was recycled and changed for this event.
4. Rewards - Thank you for again giving a reward even if you die as survivor - this makes the even enjoyable as survivor. I really like how it's random for both sides so you can play whoever you want. My ONLY complaint is how quickly the notification pops up and then disappears in the lobby. I missed the pop up several times because I wasn't staring at my TV when it happened. Maybe something similar to the archives where you can check in on where you're at for the rewards? Also show you which ones you received/are missing to make them easier to know which characters you've unlocked the cosmetics on.
5. Bloodweb - THANK YOU for finally having each bloodweb having atleast one of each offering/item. I don't know how many times I've commented/posted on here for that. I was very happy to see that finally put into action. Please continue this for future events.
Comments
Agreed on every point.
1&2- yay for all gens/hooks being event themed, as you said it sucks to have event stuff camped by the other side, and every survivor getting points from gens being complete
3- it's pretty neat, and I like that the auras are being shown for your own envelope, and other people's if they activate it. And as you said, I haven't seen a single envelope not claimed, as far as I can tell.
4- What I like about the rewards is the x/10 counter you get at the same time as the reward pops up.. but as you said, I do agree it doesn't stay on screen long enough, it would be nice to have a place that shows the event rewards and which ones you got.
5- same, it's neat to have at least one of every event thing per web, makes it less grindy
+1
Completely agree and well said.
Especially point 5 makes me really happy. I always said that the Bloodwebs during Events should be flooded with Event-Stuff, because it is very frustrating to do multiple Bloodwebs to get an Offering or an Item. But now you get a fixed amount each Bloodweb and this is great.
I think with this event they listened to a lot of Feedback regarding Events.