Bubba's Lost Masks: A Possible Replacement?

So, Bubba has now lost his masks, and I think it's for the best that we all accept that they're not coming back- and frankly, I think we should all come to terms with the fact that, while unlockable cosmetics are a cool idea in concept, the masks... weren't that great? Only one of them made him look substantially different, which was the one that sparked all of this to begin with.

With that in mind, I'd like to suggest bringing back the concept of unlocking cosmetics by killing [x] number of a specific survivor, but reframe them as not him taking their face - as that doesn't really look very different - but instead taking some kind of cosmetic trophy from them in general. For Dwight, Bubba could take his glasses and maybe wrap his tie around his forehead, Claudette he could take her glasses and her beret, Meg already only had the difference of a little lipstick so I think Bubba scrawling it on a little more thickly and haphazardly could work...

Admittedly, I'm not quite sure what this would look like for Jake, but I'm very open to hearing suggestions as to what Bubba could take from him.

So, in short: Replace the "face" cosmetics with less literal "appearance" cosmetics, since that'd look better and more distinct from one another anyway. I'm curious to hear what people think- but if you think the faces being removed was a bad idea at all I'd please ask you not to derail this too hard.

Comments

  • I didn't get the shard but i lost the mask.

    Is it only me or it is a well known general delay?

  • @Zolfo16 said:

    I didn't get the shard but i lost the mask.

    Is it only me or it is a well known general delay?

    That’s the same for everyone right now.

    Mandy confirmed the shards are coming a little later but reassured that they will be given out!

  • For Jake I guess the scarf he wears on the default outfit would be fitting the best?

    For Meg he could also take a cap since the lipstick might be a little bit controversial as well..

  • @Mooks said:

    For Jake I guess the scarf he wears on the default outfit would be fitting the best?

    For Meg he could also take a cap since the lipstick might be a little bit controversial as well..

    I did think the scarf, but I'm not sure whether putting it on normally would be too low for a head cosmetic- not sure how the model rigging deal works there.

  • I think it'd be more interesting to unlock the default survivor cosmetics on Legion. Meg cosmetic would throw off players the most since she's only survivor with masks.