What is the state of the game?
Hi everyone,
I uninstalled the game a year ago because it was a mess.
I've been looking forward to downloading it again and seeing if they made some improvements.
Can someone tell me the state of the game? Is it's worth downloading or am I just going to uninstall it the first game I log in?
Comments
Worst than before, the release of boons and sbmm made it a big unfun mess
If you didn’t like it then it isn’t much better now. The meta is just as stale and SBMM is all over the place
Overall game balance is pretty good right now. Some Killers are better than before (Trapper) while others have been nerfed to death (Deathslinger, Wraith).
Boon: Circle Of Healing (a Totem based Perk that Survivors can use to "bless" a Totem, giving that Totem special properties, like a free 16 second self heal and also cannot be removed from a match, only snuffed, which will only deactivate it until blessed again) has hit attrition based Killers like Wraith and Ghostface quite hard.
A new matchmaking system has been introduced (Skill Based Match Making or SBMM for short) that focuses on pitting similarly skilled opponents against each other, but currently, it focuses more on queue times than actually making balanced matches (someone with a longer queue with either get better or worse opponents/teammates just because their queue was taking too long).
Wraith wasn't nerfed to death 🙄
Well true, he was never that good to begin with