Plague is an S-tier killer
!PLEASE KNOW THAT THIS IS MY OPINION, FEEL FREE TO DISAGREE!
My reasoning on why i believe she is an s is due to the fact she completely destroys the use of boon circle of healing, one of the most problematic/strongest perks currently in dead by daylight. Now you could say "what if they all clense" well then use her corrupt purge more then, easy solution, and besides, her corrupt purge is incredibly powerful on its own And if survivors don't clense then well its an incredibly easy to down. Last of all i know people are gonna say "she does not have the potential of nurse" or "she can't damage people across the map like the artist" but none of the killers that are considered S tier are able to make boon circle of healing completely useless, and if they clense then they are giving her a stronger power. Also, sorry if i have bad english, its my second language!
Ok so after reading a few comments i have changed my mind to make her an high A, i completely agree she is rng based and at the end of the day she is kinda a m1 killer.
Comments
I can agree Plague is a strong killer but I don’t really like the argument. You can say that Hillbilly and Bubba also counter COH (not as much as Plague can but they’re not far apart) but they definitely aren’t S tier.
The argument isn't "What if they all cleanse?", it's really "What if none of them cleanse?"
And then what happens, Plague loses. Tall, 110% Killer with only M1. That is a recipe for complete and utter failure with how strong tilesets currently are.
Problem is her power is solely determined by the survivors
Plague is not a 110 percent killer. She also has 2 fountains base kit. But I definitely don't think she's S tier. I will say if there's any killer that might be S tier that isn't currently considered S tier and that's Oni. And for that it comes down to, just how long can a competitive group of survivors keep an equally skilled Oni from getting any blood at all. From what I've seen in the most recent tourney, not long at all. 1 misplayed tile or even just 1 tile that's not close enough to another and the player takes a hit. An oni in their power is the most powerful killer in the game, I'd say stronger than Nurse easily.
Edit to fix poor spelling
So your argument for her being S tier is that she counters a strong (but not OP) perk that was literally just added to the game pretty much and that every survivor doesn't even run..... yeah okay
You're absolutely right. My bad. But that doesn't change my opinion. She's still an M1 killer if they choose not to cleanse, what's more, because of how tall she is she is very easy to read. She is powerless after those 2 fountains (Which don't they require an addon?)
Oni sidenote: I'd love him if he WASN'T. SO. DAMNED. CLUNKY.
Plague is extremely strong and most definitely A tier but I don't think she quite reaches S tier if only because she is slightly map/RNG dependent with her fountain placement like swamp for instance they tend to spawn on the edges of the map which is just awful.
She is a bit like oni where in her power she's nearly the best killer in the game but out of it you can struggle a bit.
Killers that have to down with basic attacks are not S tier imo. I would put Oni in the same charge up category as Plague but Oni doesn’t lose his power when stunned by pallets.
Also I don't give the "if they don't cleanse" argument much weight anymore because everyone tries to over cleanse plague atm from what I've seen and the teams that don't are playing the entire game exposed so it's annoying when they don't cleanse but not the end of the world.
I would've put Plague in B tier before COH became meta, but with its prevalence, I'd say Plague is probably an A tier killer now. She's one of the few killers who can maintain and apply pressure with health states in this game.
if the S is short for Sexy then yes, she is.
I got really comfortable with Plague before her changes and I've have said she was probably high B low A then. Her QoL changes have only made her feel absolutely amazing to play, minus her puke logic. Fake infects still feel awful.
With the new direction of the meta, I'd comfortably say she has to be mid A at the lowest. I definitely think she deserves to be placed above Oni and Twins as it currently stands.
When she got changed I didn't lose any matches with her for a long ass time. It took a Mother's Dwelling to end it.
Her being a direct counter to CoH is amazing, but I feel one thing that is overlooked is her being a direct counter to stealth. Most survivors are comfortable remaining injured for the entire match. Part of the skill of remaining injured is maintaining your blood trails and starting chases at optimal distances. Survivors can't control their coughing fits, and when they try and be cheeky by sending you to RPD and there's at least 2 Shadowsteps covering half the map they'll find they are just wasting their time even touching bones.
At the end of the day though, being one shot and having a giant target on your back don't mean much in the face of these gargantuan maps and generous tile chains. The M1 life ain't easy some days.
She's somewhere between top 'A' and low 'S'.
She's incredibly consistent, but has some bad maps and can really struggle if she gets a bad start, which holds her back somewhat. Her BP gains are also awful.
Idk about Oni been s I would definitely agree A if the survivors play really safe you take forever to get going. Plus some maps completely nuke his power. Once you get your DD he is maybe the scariest thing in game.
On the plague she is so much better since her buff but her hits are still inconsistent and smart survivors can control her power and Plat safe. I would definitely say A or top B
Love vommy mommy btw
Unless I missed something in one of the patch notes, she only has 1 corrupt fountain with base kit
Her awful hitreg makes her feel so so bad to play
Lacks mobility. So no.
So, I don't think she's S tier but I definitely think she's A tier. She counters a lot of the survivor meta and her ranged ability can down players super fast.
Plague has 3 strengths against survivors not many other killers have:
Overall, Plague is VERY strong when you realize these advantages and make good use of them, but she's not without her downsides too. The primary downside she has is that, aside from the initial corrupt pool she starts with, survivors have complete control over whether or not she gets to use her Corrupt Purge at all. Sure, if they avoid cleansing, they are 1 shot down all game, can't heal, and easier to track, but skilled survivors can route from tile to tile easily, and put pallets between her and them consistently because, if she doesn't have Corrupt Purge, she's reduced to a standard M1 killer. She's basically a better version of Perma EW3 Myers/Shape at that point, in that she has all the instant downing potential + better tracking, but can still be looped to death just like any other M1 killer. Survivors have the power to put her in that position until the gates are powered, and make an easy escape against her.
Fortunately, the Majority of the community seems to have completely forgotten how to counter her by simply refusing to cleanse, and eating her initial usage of the corrupt pool. Instead, Most survivors these days tend to just go for the cleanse as soon as they become infected, or as soon as they hear her activate her Corrupt Purge. It's because of this that She is in a pretty great High A tier against the current survivor meta, but as soon as the majority of them rediscovers this strategy, she'll drop back down to C or D tier very fast.
Conclusion: She's not S tier, but definitely up there in the High A's due to how survivors have forgotten how to counter her. Her advantages make her strong against the Healing meta, and a skilled Plague player can make great use of all of them, but overall, without Corrupt Purge, she's reduced to an M1 killer that any decent survivor can confidently loop, and the Moment they realize this, she can't compete against them. Otherwise, you'd see a LOT more Plague Players in the High SBMM range, instead of Just Nurse, Blight, Bubba, Oni, and Spirit.
Not S but I think she is A tier
S++ tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0tvTrlDmQHonestly, I would have put Plague in low S tier if her power, AKA her red puke, wasn't controlled by the survivors. I think she's really strong, but the fact that she has to go around the map to get her power IF a survivor has cleansed really drags her down.
Sure, she counters COH. But that's just because she removes all healing methods. I know you can cleanse, but survivors don't really need to cleanse because of the current meta that consists of a few perks, including Dead Hard and Resilience.
I say she is Top A Tier easy maybe lowest S Tier. But S Tier is dependent on what Add-ons your using. I find her more powerful by using the add-ons that either makes her Vommy more effective or the ones that actually remove pools from the Map.
Countering CoH isn't enough to make you s tier. Killers like nurse and blight are s tier because when mastered they can down survivors really quickly making the healing from coh less important. Which means they are good outside of being an anti meta pick.
Generally anti meta picks don't last long once the meta shift and I expect plague will go down with that shift as well. Even as a counter meta pick she can struggle to secure quick downs since even corrupt purge has limitation on many maps survivors bring offerings for.
I think you're right