The Legion
Since the Devs have said that Legion is one of the killers they're working on/looking into for which killer will get changes next, I want to voice my opinions on the current state of The Legion, as well as things that I think might make them stronger.
What the Legion excels at is game slowdown. Their ability to force multiple people to spend time mending helps to buy them the time the need to get downs. Their feral frenzy also works decently wall as an intel tool. You can have a moderate amount of success canceling your frenzy, walking the rest of the way and then frenzying again if you don't think you'll reach them before frenzy ends. My biggest complaint about their frenzy is how it loses all it's charges if you miss a swing. For this I'd like to compare him to blight, since their power activation works similarly. With the blight, your power can get downs, and if you don't use up all your tokens before swinging, your power keeps its unused charges. With the Legion you can't get downs and if you had power left when you miss a swing, you lose all your power. I think that Feral Frenzy ending immediately is fair, but I think the Legion should be able to keep the portion of his charges that weren't used, like Blight.
Where Legion struggles compared to other killers is lethality. Their power can get injures just fine, but it's incapable of getting downs. This is something I would like to see addressed, but I don't have any specific ideas on how to go about addressing it. What I can say for sure is that I definitely don't want it to go back to old Legion, where you can keep whittling down a survivors health with repeated uses of Feral Frenzy.
Comments
There is NO WAY to implement lethality into Legion's power without it becoming a disaster.
Honestly I'm not even gonna argue with you on that one. You're probably correct.
^ this.
You can either have a strong Killer OR a Killer who vaults Pallets and Windows. Not both.
WIth their current Power, Legion cannot be a strong Killer. Even in their initial state they were not strong, they were good at downing a single Survivor while losing the game because the other 3 did Gens.
When it comes to changes for them... As long as they dont rework them, I expect some number changes (probably fatique decrease including nerf to their Cooldown-Add Ons and MAYBE a Speed-Increase) and Add On-Changes (maybe the return of Speed Add-Ons and general Add-On Buffs).
I am worried about what the devs have planned for Legion. Right now, I think it'd be best if they got some QoL changes, minor buffs to Feral Frenzy, and a new secondary ability (probably something to do with disguising themselves or interacting with the other members of the gang).
I am really hoping they don't give Legion a Freddy rework.
Here's an idea:
Whenever Legion inflicts Deep Wounds, he gets a token.
At 4 tokens; his next FF attack can wound a Survivor (take them from healthy to Injured, or Injured to Dying).
This cannot be used against the most recent Survivor he inflicted Deep Wounds on (To prevent being insta-downed if you are the 4th found.)
The tokens decay in 30 seconds. When the timer is up; all the tokens go away at once. (To prevent hoarding 2 or 3)
The timer resets on every FF hit that adds a token.
If Legion hits a Survivor with a Basic attack; he loses all accumulated tokens.
When Legion hits someone with all 4 tokens; they are all spent. Even if this is simply putting a Healthy Survivor to Injured, as per normal FF.
The reasoning:
This allows Legion to possibly put ONE Survivor in the Dying state if he manages to hit ALL FOUR in one Feral Frenzy. It cannot be used against the 4th Survivor found, to avoid being unfair. It also HAS to be used within 1 Feral Frenzy, as the tokens do not last long enough to carry over.
I think thats a pretty solid idea. Gives legion some lethality, but you have to earn it.
I dunno why people keep trying to make legion into an entirely different killer. It's frustrating to read. I think most of the people that play them enjoy their play style and just want some minor buffs and quality of life improvements.
I think it would be a good mechanic but rare to use, maybe only needing 3 tokens?
The thing about this is that you have to have all 4 survivors grouped very close together for it to work, plus once you get your 4 frenzy hits you have to find a survivor without using scratch marks or blood pools and you most likely won't have the benefit of killer instinct either. Yet trying to fix any of those issues would cause this idea to make Legion extremely oppressive.
Then it's useless:
So 4 tokens for 4 Survivors seems the best way to make it fluid.
Yes, but all that works against the power, which makes it less oppressive or unfair if he DOES find and Down one Survivor. He had to hit all 4 Survivors, then suss out where any of the first 3 are, run to them, and loop them to hit them, all before his power runs out & he loses his 4 tokens. Survivors can't really complain the Down was unfair, given all Legion would have to do to earn it.
Watching some good Legion play; the timer for the tokens may need major adjusting.
Perhaps it should be that every time you inflict Deep Wounds; you get a token. Up to 4 tokens.
The tokens are lost on a Basic attack.
At 4 tokens, the next Injured Survivor hit in Feral Frenzy will be put in the Dying state.
This does not work against anyone suffering from Deep Wounds (To prevent Legion from hitting the same person twice).
If an injured Survivor is hit (this include wasting it on a Deep Wounds Survivor); all 4 tokens are spent, and the Legion immediately loses all remaining time in Feral Frenzy.