I just got tunneled and camped for 5 gens

But apparently I suck according to Patrick. I ran the killer for 3 gens around one loop the team got me off ran him for another gen and a half and he killed me.

Now I'm not throwing shade on the killer they did what they did I actually had fun because they were good chases on my end. I just find it funny they consider me a loser in that situation.

Comments

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766041#Comment_2766041

    I think everyone here knows what the system is. This topic was likely created to discuss why the system is stupid. You're arguing something else entirely.

    I'm responding to him running the killer for 5 gens instead of focusing on escaping like the devs want him to do. Running the killer for 5 gens and dying does not represent skill in the MMR system. Escaping does. Escaping is all that matters if you care about MMR. If he doesn't care about MMR and cares more about having fun, then how the MMR system works doesn't actually matter at all.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766366#Comment_2766366

    In the ideal world, he should run to where the rest of the team is and force them to take hits. Think about himself. His escape is all that matters.

    That sort of selfishness is why people complain about solo q. No one works as a team, it's all about themselves, thus everyone dies. Don't get me wrong I understand some scenarios where you have to be a bit selfish but throwing like that when everyone is alive and trying to do their objective will just end up screwing everyone over. If you're getting tunneled, you gotta try your best now to survive and do your best at running the killer so that everyone escapes. I'd rather die getting tunneled if that means the team will escape then throwing the match because of my selfishness and then everyone including myself dies.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766366#Comment_2766366

    In the ideal world, he should run to where the rest of the team is and force them to take hits. Think about himself. His escape is all that matters.

    Both time he found me I had a survivor with me and my team did try to take agro doc didn't like them though he wanted to hang out with me instead.

  • @SOULWARRIOR71K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2766140#Comment_2766140

    I'm responding to him running the killer for 5 gens instead of focusing on escaping like the devs want him to do. Running the killer for 5 gens and dying does not represent skill in the MMR system. Escaping does. Escaping is all that matters if you care about MMR. If he doesn't care about MMR and cares more about having fun, then how the MMR system works doesn't actually matter at all.

    Yeah, but that's not the point. The point is that 'skill based' matchmaking should not just consider escapes. Running a killer for five gens is a skilled play, but counts for nothing in the system.

    The OP isn't confused about how the system works, they don't agree with how it works.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765976#Comment_2765976

    Well we have confirmed that escaping or being sacrificied doesnt matter at all, therefore your way of doing things is the correct one

    Have you really?

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765458#Comment_2765458

    Best thing is to watch back last Q&A about sbmm based on kills and escapes.

    Short story, Patrick said someone who runs the killer for 5 gens end dies is zero skill while someone who does gens and escape is skill

    Ok, i need a link to that. Because as far as i know, he said that skill leads to more escapes, and therefore escapes are a viable measurement. Which is completly different from what you claimed he said. So i need a source to verify your claim about what he was saying.

    Also, i know that parts of the community think the game is only about chases and looping the killer, but it is not, as is evident in the stance the devs take here.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2765462#Comment_2765462

    Ok, i need a link to that. Because as far as i know, he said that skill leads to more escapes, and therefore escapes are a viable measurement. Which is completly different from what you claimed he said. So i need a source to verify your claim about what he was saying.

    Also, i know that parts of the community think the game is only about chases and looping the killer, but it is not, as is evident in the stance the devs take here.

    I have shared the link to the Q&A with a time stamp on page 1, so feel free to watch it 😉


    I don't think that chasing and looping is the only part, i think that that has to be taken in account as well.

    For example i can hide anywhere in the map without ever seeing my teammates or the killer and just wait till all gens are done, then open the gate and escape, now would you consider that skill especially in a team game?

    Or the killer just decides to just go only after me and ignoring everyone and everything else (happened a lot)

    Then he gets me eventually and my teammates just leave, would you consider that skill or fair? 🤷🏼‍♂️


    Anyway just check it out and especially how he explains it.

1 2 ›