Failed grab validation hit should never miss

If animation is interrupted due to grab validation these situations should always result with successful hit because survivor was in hit range and killer should not be punished for attempting a grab

Comments

  • Yes also please no more pats on the back instead of grabs

  • Fair. I've seen a killer stop behind me long enough for the gen to finish, then hit the air--I know that should have killed me. I was even injured!

    I mean, that was the game where two teammates got killed being dumb, then blamed everyone else for doing gens instead of taking chase, but yeah. Probably should have died to that grab.

  • I had a hook grab get aim dressed into a hit on the hooked survivor. Very frustrating.

  • Please. The worst offender for this is pallet and window vaults, where I didn't lunge because my window of time to hit the survivor was very short. By the time the game decides that it wasn't a grab, but rather the swing I was trying to go for, the survivor is clear and my converted swing hits nothing.

    When it comes to gens, I try to go for the lunge instead of the grab because the grab is more likely to screw me over. Have a failed grab translate directly to a lost health state, not a delayed swing that half the time equates to a whiff. Make exceptions if killer ping is too high, but currently grab validation isn't functioning properly.

  • The hit shouldn't miss, and should put the Survivor in the Dying State aswell

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    Yes also please no more pats on the back instead of grabs

    Wow, your gonna remove the ability for killers to comfort survivors. Smh my head this community is so mean

  • Or you know, we could just start validating grabs completely. It should be pretty simple.

    Were you grabbed while doing the thing? If yes, then leap into that killers muscular arms.

    If no, teleport to your destination because of desync.

  • That would be nice.

  • I agree. Also, I'm not always attempting to grab. Sometimes, I'm attempting to do a fast swing, and then it turns into a grab because someone starts vaulting or unhooking, and then it turns into despair.