Please.. please!!...

Remove pips. It's not needed in the current grade system. Just make it a simple bar that fills up based on how you did. Just like now but without the pips.

Played a match as Oni, great match. Hooked everyone at least once, killed 2 of them after hooking them 3 times each, didn't camp, broke a lot of pallets(I'm oni), popped gens cause I was using POP, and two escapes. This, should be, by all accounts according to Behavior, a very even match. And I agree, it was very evenly matched, well played on both sides and was actually pretty fun.

So why was I punished? 26k points earned, no pip. Barely even a safety pip. But they only go towards grades right? Which is time played. I'm playing the game, quite well in fact. It has the expected "win outcome", 2 kills and 2 escapes, and a very nice back and forth match in between. So why do I get no progress for that? I get more from camping and tunneling everyone out then playing a fair and even match and I'm not sure why.

Comments

  • No actually make pips the matchmaking and fix it up a little. That’ll make everyone’s day better.

  • @Advorsus said:

    Remove pips. It's not needed in the current grade system. Just make it a simple bar that fills up based on how you did. Just like now but without the pips.

    Played a match as Oni, great match. Hooked everyone at least once, killed 2 of them after hooking them 3 times each, didn't camp, broke a lot of pallets(I'm oni), popped gens cause I was using POP, and two escapes. This, should be, by all accounts according to Behavior, a very even match. And I agree, it was very evenly matched, well played on both sides and was actually pretty fun.

    So why was I punished? 26k points earned, no pip. Barely even a safety pip. But they only go towards grades right? Which is time played. I'm playing the game, quite well in fact. It has the expected "win outcome", 2 kills and 2 escapes, and a very nice back and forth match in between. So why do I get no progress for that? I get more from camping and tunneling everyone out then playing a fair and even match and I'm not sure why.

    I'm guessing you got a lot of use out of Oni's power and your Chaser emblem was trash because of it? That, or gens got done pretty fast - but if you got 8+ hooks, that's less likely.

    The Emblem system is still a better indicator of killer performance than SBMM (survivor, eh, it rewards gens/unhooks too much and chases too little), but it's got plenty of problems. Instadowns are no bueno, Malicious is a fairer rewarder of hook actions than Devout is, it gets harder to pip up as your grade increases for no reason whatsoever, and you're punished on several levels for survivors disconnecting (unless they DC while on hook, in which case you get rewarded.)

    There isn't really any reason to use pips anymore when grades are meant to count playtime.

  • @GannTM said:

    No actually make pips the matchmaking and fix it up a little. That’ll make everyone’s day better.

    Nah lol I like the idea of the grades being equal to playing, and even MMR, when it works. That match as one, it worked perfectly.

    But what I don't like seeing is playing my main(doctor) who I'm fantastic with and getting a bunch of new players, because it's simply not fair to them. And then the next match playing huntress, who I'm not good with at all and lose with pretty consistently, and then getting the most sweaty SWFs you can think of.

    Old system was bad and completely random.

  • That's all I want, remove the pips as they do not equal playtime, and fix the matchmaking to be more like that match. Idc how lol

  • grade system and the SBMM are not the same so why do we lose pips? grade system is time played so I'm playing but I lose pips or don't get anything

    so what the point of grade system and the SBMM not being the same? either are or aren't.