Possibility of BT Basekit

In the latest Q&A stream, when asked the question, "Will we ever see basekit BT or DS to counter tunneling and camping?"

They answered: "We have no plans to make DS basekit." When asked again, they re-iterated they are only confirming that DS will not be basekit.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GorgeousYummyBearCharlieBitMe-pQ_AtUkAP5G_zSIf


Obviously this implies that they are at least considering basekit BT.


Thoughts?

Comments

  • @Mister_xD said:

    BT is an extraordinarily strong perk, it should not just be basekit.

    this would literally just encourage even more players to mindlessly unhook right in the killers face, because they wont be punished for it anyway.

    To be fair nothing hurts more to bring bt and actually safely unhook people (unless the killers camping then i don't have much of a choice) but to be farmed myself and just die because my teammate can't return the favour or just doesn't have the perk. Currently you run bt completly selflessly.

  • Although I feel that most of the time it does feel like a needed perk, because of the current exploitation that facecamping provides.

    I don't think it is necessary as basekit. Without BT there is an element of interaction that requires more teamwork, that I would hate to lose. So for me I would rather see those killers and more specifically "powers" where BT doesn't do much get looked at. "Hi Bubba" 🤗

  • I'm fine with it. I'm not tunneling anyway. It's just a easy mode to get kills if there's no DS of course. I like hard mode.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761456#Comment_2761456

    I'm not really a fan of getting bodyblocked by someone I'm actively trying not to tunnel.

    It seems like for every time BT is used against a camping killer, it's used 15 more times in the way you described. I think survivors should know how to make a safe save. If BT is basekit, it's just going to enable poor unhooking decisions. They would also need to fix the hit priority around hooks cause that crap is pretty broken when it targets the hooked survivor before the unhooker right in front of you.

  • Make BT basekit. Make Corrupt basekit. Noice.

  • Survivors already have more advantages than killers, BT as base kit would make them even more OP.

  • Every killer should quit the game. I'd never return on either side. Would likely kill the game, but the devs seem to want that.

  • Eh, it would be a reason to remove BT from my build, if I was still playing.

1 2 ›