Buffing Underused Perks
Very straightforward thread. There are a lot of perks that I think are really cool in concept but are far too weak to see any real use. The following is a list of perks that I want changed to make them more fun and usable, because I think some cool, fun stuff can be done with them.
No One Left Behind: This perk has received one major change since the game was released in 2016, and it was a nerf as it reduced the use time of the perk to only when the gates have been opened as opposed to when the gens are powered. I like this perk a lot and have since it came out, so I propose a simple buff. Revert the activation condition to activating when the gens are all finished, not when the EGC starts.
Corrective Action: Honestly a neat perk in concept, but the problem with the perk is that no matter what your skill, you won't get much use out of it. If you're bad at the game, you won't be hitting the greats needed to earn tokens. If you're good at the game, you won't be getting teammates who miss skill checks. I propose a series of changes to make the perk more accessible to those who need it while giving it a secondary use for higher-skill players.
-Tokens are now earned by completing 2 good or great skill checks instead of one great skill check.
-Corrective Action now applies to all other Survivors repairing a generator or healing another Survivor at any given time, instead of solely working on a gen with you.
-Whenever a Survivor fails a skill check, Corrective Action consumes a token. The failed skill check is considered a good skill check, and the two of you see each other's auras for 6 seconds.
Buckle Up: Even if the perk didn't have that completely unnecessary range restriction, it would still suck. So I propose giving an extra effect on top of what it already does—hold the ability button when standing over a dying Survivor to move them to a different area. You leave scratch marks while doing so.
Clairvoyance: Simple change. Now reveals the aura of totems. Don't really see why it doesn't.
Fast Track: Frankly, the issue with this perk is its impermanent nature. If you could use it more often, especially for the costly requirement, it would be much better. So I propose this: Each time a Survivor is hooked for the first time, gain a token, up to a maximum of 1/2/3 tokens. Each token increases the great skill check bonus by an additional 1% for the remainder of the trial.
Gearhead: I like the changes made on the PTB except for one. Before the changes, Gearhead only worked on good skill checks. Now, it only works on great skill checks. I would much prefer if it worked on both.
Dark Devotion: The main issue I take up with this perk is the basic attack restriction. However, there are also some other changes I think would make the perk interesting as well.
-Removed the basic attack condition.
-Duration increased to 25/30/35 seconds.
-The size of the obsession's Terror Radius now changes with yours. For example, if you're playing a 24-meter TR Killer, the obsession's TR is 24 meters. If you have Distressing, the obsession's TR is increased by 26%. If you're running Dead Rabbit on Myers, the obsession's TR is reduced by 25% in tier 2, and increased by 25% in tier 3.
Surge: Again, basic attack restriction feels very unnecessary. The selling point of Surge, at least for me, is that I don't have to waste time going to the gens to regress them. A lot of Killers lose out on that because of the basic attack stipulation.
Eruption: Kicking gens takes too much time for Eruption's measly effects. I think it should activate on a gen damaged by any means, be it Surge, Oppression, Pain Resonance, et cetera.
Mad Grit: The perk does what it does well, but what it does is very specific. I propose another change to the perk that enhances your ability to get to hooks in an unexpected way: While carrying a Survivor, you can break pallets and walls and vault windows at 75% the normal speed.
Comments
NOLB: Nice
Corrective Action: I like it
Buckle Up: Just make it Soul Guard but applied by the one healing (picked-up surv has BT for 8s).
Clairvoyance : That'd be nice, but Totems are bad enough at high MMR thanks to how outdated and memorized spawns are by now.
Fast Track: That'd be OP. Current Fast Track is fine, though it should be activated by a button, not a Great Skill Check. Gen speeds shouldn't be affected much, it's destabilizing to game balance.
Gearhead: Show gens being repaired for 10s after every 3 hits.
Dark Devotion: I think just make it all attacks for a PTB, see how stronger M2 killers do with it to make sure it's not OP.
Surge: Increase range to 40m and remove basic attack condition.
Eruption: Buff to 8% and increase Incapacitated duration to 16/18/20s. Perhaps allow gens at 0% to be kicked to prep them?
Mad Grit: Add a 15% Basic Attack cooldown reduction at all times. It needs another effect but I want the meme lunges to stay lol