The game thinks my killer MMR is way too high
I'm basically a new killer, I started playing for real yesterday and now the game thinks my MMR is at the level of my survivor MMR. I have 2,000 hours almost all in survivor and as a killer I just got queued up with a person I played survivor with the other day! I'm literally brand new and the game is putting me up against survivors that I play with as a 2,000 hour survivor! This is so bad and the game is basically unplayable sometimes. I've been playing Nemesis and he's so slow at getting the ball rolling if I get a slow start and miss a couple tentacle whips I have to give up because I already lost the game at 30 seconds.
I'm using the best builds too with tons of slowdown and tracking perks and I just can't keep up. I got a survivor with 7,500 hours! Who knows how many of those are real but the average I'm seeing is around 1,000 - 2,000 hours. This is ridiculous and my MMR just won't lower even after playing around 20 games of losing almost constantly. It's super lame I just have to hit a brick wall of challenge game after game.
Now I don't think the SBMM system is inherently bad it just has no idea what my actual skill level is.
Comments
Slowdown builds are not really strong against good survivors. That was efficient pre mmr when you had a potato mixture.
Regardless, you might actually be that mmr and overestimate the average player. Most people who place this game are very sus. So if you aren't sus, automatic high mmr. Simple as that.
What do you mean by "suspicious"?
Also I'm using Ruin, Undying, and Devour. Ruin actually regresses gens like crazy and I can see it happening. Most games I get to 3 stacks of Devour it just isn't enough, the gens get done way too quickly even with this slowdown.
Sus????😳😳😳😳😳😳😳
I more or less agree with TB. I hardly ever play survivor so the few times I have my timing is terrible on vaults and I miss skill checks sometimes. But even I’m better than actual new players to the game because at least I know to do gens, try and avoid the killer, and try and rescue someone before they die. And to watch for the exit doors and head that direction when the gens finish. And even though my loop timing as a survivor is awful I at least understand the concept of using vaults and dropping pallets to slow the killer down and know I can at a minimum hold forward to delay the inevitable longer.
So yeah, even if like me you never play survivor but you do play a fair amount of killer, you still are better than people who are relatively new to the game entirely.
I've been playing survivor constantly for 4 years and I just got queued up with a survivor who I teamed up with the other day. The game thinks my new killer is as good as someone who I played survivor with recently. My killer is not even close to that level and I could barely get a hit on 1 person that game.
I had a match against someone I had played with as survivor. We were both Iri 1, which means more than just not dying but actively doing stuff to double pip.
I put it down to just not enough killers being online to get a closer match. They will throw baby killers to the wolves because getting any match is more important than longer queue times for survivors.
You just start at mid-MMR. At least you nknow how good you are now.
I've said this before and I'll say it a million times. We need to know what our MMRs are so that we can provide useful feedback to BHVR. MMR has been off the tracks for several months now. It's no longer giving the competitive matches like when it was new. But no one can actually provide any evidence other than gut feeling because we're not allowed to see our MMR.