Why no communication?
"Why was toy sword nerfed?"
"Why was stale biscuit nerfed despite it being weak?"
"Why is billy still in the state he's in?"
"Why is slinger still in the state he's in?"
All questions that could be answered with a little communication and probably make a lot of people happy.
Unless you're scared of the backlash you would receive due to the methods you use to balance thing cough meaningless statistics cough.
Even then, It's a learning experience. The community can guide you on what is right and wrong. And FYI, using statistics is wrong. Please stop.
If you're gonna make such weird controversial changes and stay silent on actual issues like the state of twins, circle of healing, etc. You can just say what's happening and people would be happy ya know?
Anyway, I'm still on DBD break. Planning on going through the entire FNAF franchise now. For those taking a break currently what are you doing? I'm curious.
Comments
I'd also like to know why Stale Biscuit was nerfed, since that's the one that really doesn't make any sense to me at all, but there's a reason that the devs are guarded with their communication. There's no point saying anything if all they get is hostility, and that happens quite a lot.
Also, "the community can guide you on what is right and wrong" might be one of the most naive things I've seen said on this forum. That's nowhere near true.
It's weird that people think what they want is the best course of action for the game. The devs clearly have their own ides for ewhat they want the game to be, and if players like it, then great. If not, well there's other games. I can't imagine how horrible the game would be if the devs listened to the community, no one ever agrees on anything, it would be a mess.
We can't agree on WHAT to do,
But we absolutely can agree on what NOT to do.
I cant find a single person who has said that the biscuit nerf was justified, amongst other changes.
Personally I think the Stale Biscuit nerf was fine because I hate the Twins and don't want to see them 🤷♂️
I think on some level bhvr knows their twin changes makes no sense when the play rates from the last kill rate chart was missing and that wasn't an accident and yes I do think twins were at least part of the reason.
They nerf the twins over and over making them feel awful to play while the game continues to not favor them and while they're the least played killer in the game, it's honestly inexplicable other than they really don't give a damn about them.
It was justified in the same way removing earnable content without proper compensation was justified, just because. Now I agree the nerf wasn't reasonable. But you could justify it with any arbitrary reason.
Devs probably didn't know the Twins would be a slugging/camping Killer when they designed them, and once they realised their mistake they decided to nerf them into oblivion until the rework circa 2024.
I can tell why twin is getting nerf its really simple.
Toy sword got nerf because it was the best addon she got so the majority of the twin player use it. Even after the nerf toy sword is still going to be her best addon.
Madelaine scarf get nerf because it was the only viable addon in the green category all the other are worthless garbage so it was a no brainer to take madelaine scarf.
The biscuit is getting nerf because the dev forgot that when viktor do a succesful pounce and down the survivor he get a 5 second stun they still think its 3 second that just a oupsie on their part.
Now the buff they did are worthless to for one single reason those addon are just bad and not worth the bp or a slot in your build.