About DC

I suggest bigger bans if someone DC. Not 5 for first DC, 15 for second, then 30, etc. If you DC get immediately 1 day ban. If you are not going to play properly a multiplayer online game, then get out and don't come back too soon. We don't need you. How many DC stole my achievements, rituals, perks value... I can't count. And do something about hackers that will take you hostage.

Comments

  • The reason why the first DC is 5 minutes is because, sometimes, internet or power DOES go out. And the idea is that the penalty will be passed before they get power/internet back, so they're not being punished for an honest mistake.

    The reason it ramps up, however, is to punish people DCing on purpose. And those people playing with bad connections, since playing whiel KNOWING you have a bad connection is still ruining the games for others.


    So no, the first DC should not be a 1 day ban. Because it's meant to avoid punishing people with actual sudden problems. Chill.

  • Well, that sucks

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/305382/about-dc

    The issue there is that there are lots of natural crashes that aren't DCs and they get flagged too. Someone shouldnt have a game crash and then get a full day ban.

    If the game could tell the difference between a quit and a crash, then yes. But as it is, absolutely not.

    With current technology; it's not really possible for the servers to know 'crash' from 'ragequit'; Both are 'information stopped coming from the player'. And since information stopped coming, there's no information saying 'this was a crash'.

    Also; it'd literally be impossible for the game to know that the power went out randomly, or the player turned off the router in a fit of rage.

  • I hate ragequitters as much as the next person but that first DC penalty should stay low, occasional power surges or internet spikes or whatever do happen, as does Behaviour sometimes shutting down the servers unexpectedly for a hot fix. Imagine for instance if they had to kick everybody off the game and everybody who was playing got a 1 day automatic suspension because of it!

    So the DC penalty for the 1st disconnect should remain a few minutes to give the person the benefit of the doubt. After that though it should ramp up quickly, three or more disconnects in a short time frame is either a rage quitter or someone whose internet is so bad it's not fair to the other people in their matches.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752814#Comment_2752814

    Yes, it's unfortunate that there isn't really a way to tell the difference, just because it does suck when someone rage quits for no reason. But I would rather a rage quitter get by with no punishment than someone be severely penalized just for not having perfect internet

    I would rather a rage quitter get by with no punishment than someone be severely penalized just for not having perfect internet

    Agreed.

  • I'm trying to get adept doctor. When they win they win, when I'm about to win they fk DC, so my adept is screwed. Sure, DC if you lose and teabag if you escape. Disgusting. And too many ttvs as well.

  • 1 DC 5mins. 2nd DC 1 day, but a warning that a 2nd DC will give you that 1 day ban, along with a timer showing when a DC will again be worth 5mins.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752828#Comment_2752828

    I would rather a rage quitter get by with no punishment than someone be severely penalized just for not having perfect internet

    Agreed.

    I disagree.

    Someone DCing due to ######### internet is just as unfun to the rest of the players in the game.

    If ones shiternet can't handle the game, then don't play a game where it has a negative impact on other players.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752847#Comment_2752847

    I disagree.

    Someone DCing due to ######### internet is just as unfun to the rest of the players in the game.

    If ones shiternet can't handle the game, then don't play a game where it has a negative impact on other players.

    You seem to be ignoring the fact that sometimes crap happens. That's the whole reason the first DC is 5 minutes.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753289#Comment_2753289

    You seem to be ignoring the fact that sometimes crap happens. That's the whole reason the first DC is 5 minutes.

    No, I'm saying repeatedly. That is why I agree that the DC penalty is fine as is.

  • The DC penalty does needs to be raised to like maybe 10 or 15 minutes. 5 minutes is nothing.

  • Yesterday during both Unreal client and Steam crashed. It gave me a crash log but I couldn't submit it, I had to reboot. How to discern this occurence from someone who ragequit? By the time I was logged back in the 5 mins penalty had expired.

    Maybe an algorithm to see what game activity was happening prior to the DC, but it could still make mistakes.

  • It's not my problem you have bad internet. Fix it.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2752847#Comment_2752847

    I disagree.

    Someone DCing due to ######### internet is just as unfun to the rest of the players in the game.

    If ones shiternet can't handle the game, then don't play a game where it has a negative impact on other players.

    Totally agree.

  • @Sakurra said:

    It's not my problem you have bad internet. Fix it.

    It's not always bad internet. Steam goes down on Tuesdays. If the person is on a disk on a console there's a chance the disk will eject. extended storage can malfunction. Sometimes servers and internet in entire areas go down.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    The DC penalty does needs to be raised to like maybe 10 or 15 minutes. 5 minutes is nothing.

    How many ways can I say 'The five minutes is so people with LEGIT OUTAGES are not punished' before people get it?


    @Sakurra said:

    It's not my problem you have bad internet. Fix it.

    How to say 'My parents pay my bills' without saying it.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2753525#Comment_2753525

    It's not our problem your a little baby about DC's. Cry about it

    I can't cry like you. Teach me how to cry, "mr DC because I lost" or mr "DC because first downed".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2754312#Comment_2754312

    Aww, that's so sad that you can't cry.

    I suppose the only emotional relief your capable of outside of your hand is whining on an internet forum that people should be punished for network issues out of their control. What a tiring life that must be lol

    I said teach me.