How do you escape the "Low MMR hell?"

I mostly play solo q and since MMR has been added, I can't seem to boost it. I've tried bring super boosted items and sweating but typically I get tunneled out the game/I get a string of really good killers that put me right back with the epic store kids. I'd like to know some tips on how to get out.

Comments

  • You dont. But you should ask that devs on their q&a stream because thats a very good question

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You dont. But you should ask that devs on their q&a stream because thats a very good question

    That sounds like the fastest way to get ignored.

  • Well, seeing as you can only advance your MMR by escaping because according to the system “escaping is the sole measure of your skill level”, unfortunately I think you’re stuck until the MMR system gets changed. The only way to escape MMR hell is for the devs to admit that it’s a terrible system and either overhaul it to something that is based on more than just escapes or just revert back to the old rank system.

    1. Install Discord
    2. Join DbD official server
    3. Go to swf section
    4. Play the game
  • Just be a little less altruistic, focus on the gens instead of trying to get chased, and escape once you can open the doors. If your MMR is actually lower than it should be then escaping against a higher rated killer is the fastest way to increase it.

    Also note that the first person to die has their MMR go down more than later people in the match, the system weights that first death more heavily because once one survivor dies it raises the chances of others dying. So as long as you’re more aware and better at avoiding the killer in the beginning than the other weaker survivors then you probably won’t be the first to get killed and you won’t go down as much if everybody dies.

  • The best thing to consider is self-preservation over others. Here's an example that happened just now:

    I died on my first hook at the endnof a trial. The only survivor to do so. I died saving another, who I gullibly believed would heal with the other 2 and come back, since we'd worked well as a team throughout. Unfortunately, they all ran and escaped.

    Now, that's just how games can sometimes go. They have no reason to save me, and it's not like I've escaped before when maybe there was a chance I might have saved someone. But what got me were the scores at the end. Despite my death, I was 2,000 BP below the top scorer. That meant that I did vastly more than any of the other 3. However, because of MMR I go down, whilst the other 3 go up. That may explain, in part, some of the messes we get in matchmaking; MMR may be okay in terms of what it's constructed to do, yet is not efficient it what it really ought to do. The "win/loss" system is screwy.

    So, best thing to do is be altruistic up to a point, but once all gens are done, the gates prepped and all, if there is any doubt you have that a rescue may screw you over then just escape. Currently, to get better survivors, you ironically have to work as a less-altruistic player, which is a little strange when you think of it!

  • SWF is most likely only way.

    I have seen this issue mentioned in some post and yeah, the way survivors gain MMR is kinda issue for elo Hell.

    I am fine with how killers gain / lose MMR, but survivors might need some changes.

  • My survivor MMR isn't the highest so I can't really give advice on that.

    Killer wise? Figure out a killer that fits your playstyle the best. Do you typically play FPS games? Maybe look into Trickster or Deathslinger. So on and so forth. Then honestly just keep playing. You're going to get bullied over and over again, but honestly it's the best way to get better. Also watching people play who know what they're doing can help, and you can implement tactics and mindgames that they use into your own playstyle. Once you get better with killer, you automatically get better with survivor because you learn survivor movements. Your MMR will increase with time, and you won't really notice it for a while until you look back and see the improvement you made.

  • @MrPeanutbutter said:

    Well, seeing as you can only advance your MMR by escaping because according to the system “escaping is the sole measure of your skill level”, unfortunately I think you’re stuck until the MMR system gets changed. The only way to escape MMR hell is for the devs to admit that it’s a terrible system and either overhaul it to something that is based on more than just escapes or just revert back to the old rank system.

    Well that's depressing, DBD is one of the few games I could enjoy by myself.

  • There is no MMR hell, this is not League of legends lmao

  • Like others have said, find a swf and play coordinated.

    Having teammates that can always know what they should be doing and where they should be does wonders for your survival rate, regardless of chase skills.