Chests are just Level Decorations anymore

Has anyone else stop going after chest since they've become so worthless. After I realized there was a 1 in 4 chance of getting a worthless Key, I pretty much just see chests as level decorations anymore. I know killers have been complaining about generator speeds and I kind of wonder if it's partially because of how useless chests are perceived now.

I don't know how many games I've played in a row where I've ran past every chest at the end of the game and not a single one has been touched.

I really think buffing chests and chest builds might be something to consider. (Especially since it was always meant to be a secondary survivor objective and now's pretty much completely overlooked.)

Comments

  • How would you buff chests?

    Honestly; I'd like it if Killers could trap chests; if they get to a chest before a Survivor, they can kick it, or hex it, or something: When a Survivor opens it, it makes a sound notification..


    Actually, better idea:

    A Killer can CLOSE an already-opened chest, and THAT traps it. If another Survivor opens it; it makes a sound notification that only the Killer hears.

    The only way Survivors know if a chest was trapped is:

    1. Keep an eye out for what the Killer does.
    2. If they open and chest and it's empty; that a hard tell that someone already opened it, and the Killer closed it again.

    Of course, for this to be at all viable, chests need better-quality items in them. Or even items you can ONLY find in chests and not the Bloodweb...

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748911#Comment_2748911

    The only thing I could think of that would revitalize chests for me would be the small chance of getting a characters cosmetic item. That would immediately pull me away from a generator to find chests in the map. Items are just so meh most of the time. I just open chests for the bloodpoints 🤷

    Maybe killers could smash chests for their own chance for a cosmetic ❤️

    That would be cool! But it will never happen, because cosmetic = $$$

    So the best we could hope for is a rework of items, and some good, chest-only items being added.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2749339#Comment_2749339

    Yeah, I was thinking like, the lowest level cosmetics. The ones no one really bothers buying already lol. Why would you buy a common shirt recolor when you can save up a bit more for something much cooler.

    But maybe another option could be things like temporary haste, or finding a gem that grants you a percentage of extra bloodpoints if you leave with it.

    Even cooler would be an item that perhaps loads up with power the longer you hold it in a match, encouraging people to find the item early on.

    Maybe evolve the whole Rift...glyph things? Make them appear in chests?