Did I just face a hacker or do I misunderstand Power Struggle?

According to Power Struggle, after using it successfully, the perk deactivates. Most, if not all, perks that "deactivate" are one use perks. This Yui I just faced used Power Struggle 3 times. Am I misunderstanding what the perk means by "deactivate" or was Yui being fishy?

Comments

  • Power Struggle can be used multiple times in a trial, in my own experience. I have 0 idea what BHVR mean by "deactivating" in this case, or if using it multiple times is a bug. But I know it can be used multiple times.

  • It can be used multiple times, it's not a hack.

    'Deactivate' simply means that you have to fulfill the activation condition again for another use.

    Mettle of Man works on the same principle and uses the same wording, for example.

  • You are mistaken a perk becoming "disabled" with "deactivated".

    DS is activated when you are unhooked for 60 seconds and then deactivates if the time wears out or you touch a gen, rescue another survivor, heal, etc. Even though the perk deactivated, it can be activated again.

    However, upon successfully stunning the killer with DS the perk becomes disabled meaning it can't be used again.

  • @Bwsted said:

    It can be used multiple times, it's not a hack.

    'Deactivate' simply means that you have to fulfill the activation condition again for another use.

    Mettle of Man works on the same principle and uses the same wording, for example.

    That's what I was thinking at first, but it specifically says "deactivates after successful use". Why would it specify successful use if it deactivates on any outcome that resets wiggle progress?

  • @KnotEnthusiast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748876#Comment_2748876

    That's what I was thinking at first, but it specifically says "deactivates after successful use". Why would it specify successful use if it deactivates on any outcome that resets wiggle progress?

    Because you can throw a pallet down while being carried and miss stunning the killer. So if that happens, you can use it again if the killer somehow didn't notice the pallet threw itself and walks through another pallet.

    It also doesn't deactivate if you throw dream pallets either.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748894#Comment_2748894

    Because you can throw a pallet down while being carried and miss stunning the killer. So if that happens, you can use it again if the killer somehow didn't notice the pallet threw itself and walks through another pallet.

    It also doesn't deactivate if you throw dream pallets either.

    But that's proving the opposite point. The only reason you would include that it deactivates after successful use in that context, is if there was a way you could use it successfully and still be on the killers back, and have the perk no longer work. But as you mentioned, using the perk on a pallet that doesn't stun the killer doesn't deactivate it, so it doesn't make sense to include. In that context, it also implies that the perk doesn't deactivate if it isn't successfully used, so if I get to 25% wiggle on my first hook but the killer doesn't walk thru the pallet, the next time I'm picked up I should be able to use it regardless of my wiggle progress, as it wasn't used successfully.


    Idk, I know I'm reading too much into this, but it is written in a way that is incredibly misleading.

  • This is a case of machine specific instructions being unintuitive given things we take for common sense.

    1. If the wiggle criteria is met, button prompt appears.
    2. Remove Button prompt
    3. Go to Step 1


    It makes sense that if the wiggle prompt disappears, that the button prompt also disappears, but that needs to be spelled out explicitly to a machine.

    In this case, the wording of the description could probably be improved.

  • It can be used multiple times per carry, if the killer somehow doesn't get stunned by the pallet, like with fred's fake pallets