LMAO no console optimization

After taking a break for a week I figure I give it a try. I disconnected after 5 minutes because the lag was unbearable.

Deep Rock Galactic is a fun game imho and has a much better controller settings.

Comments

  • I honestly dont expect from BHVR to touch controller settings anymore.

    Hell let loose had better controller settings in closed beta. After release in aprox 1-2months they dropped 2 QoL updates which were bigger them game itself.

    They also tweaked controller settings so good that it can almost compare as playing with mnk.

    And in one thread mandy said sth like that it was mentioned for console improvements to go on QA but it wasnt taken into this midchapter (?). so yeah, “soon”

    Console QoL is not a priority:)

  • There hasn't been a patch or hot fix this week, there's no reason console optimization would improve since there was no patch/hotfix to have any console optimization. I have complained about console needing optimization (and will continue to as long as there are performance issues) but leaving for a week and expecting it to randomly improve when there was no patch/hot fix makes no sense.

  • It wouldn’t surprise me of they’re waiting for the majority of console players to move over to the new generation so they can shelve the idea altogether.

  • @El_Gingero said:

    It wouldn’t surprise me of they’re waiting for the majority of console players to move over to the new generation so they can shelve the idea altogether.

    And we're still like a year or so away from that happening, particularly for Xbox, due to several issues all happening at once.

    I agree in something like normal times we would be at the end of support for PS4 and Xbox1 already.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2740718#Comment_2740718

    And we're still like a year or so away from that happening, particularly for Xbox, due to several issues all happening at once.

    I agree in something like normal times we would be at the end of support for PS4 and Xbox1 already.

    The thing is, for BHVR a year is like nothing at all.

  • I don't know what it's like since I'm on PC but is the lag issue more to do with controller input or just the game stuttering itself?

  • @Sepex said:

    I don't know what it's like since I'm on PC but is the lag issue more to do with controller input or just the game stuttering itself?

    older gens = stutter


    controller = same as on pc. Its optimization (movement, rotation and stuff) as in stone age

  • I play on on PC and PS4 slim.

    And on my PS4 it is ok. The stutters and lags from unhooking/downs... and stuff are also on PC.

    You notice the frames are lower on PS4 but most of the time it runs quite fluent.