You got your wish...
This game feels more like an action party game now than anything else. Which is what you said you wanted right? Well that's the thing with party games. You jump in, play a couple matches with friends occasionally and then you stop playing again. I see this is the direction this game is headed and It's dark days indeed. Almost everyone I know has stopped playing this consistently and have switched over to something else, only occasionally picking it up for less than an hour a day. These same people, myself included, would play this game for hours on end previously.
And it's not just burn out. I've experienced that before with other games. Where I get burnt out or feel like I've done everything I could do. So I'll stop playing it for a while. But when I get that itch again, I come back and I'm in love all over again. This is not that.
This is the only game I've stopped playing purely on how the game is handled and managed by the developers. Ever. I've never even left an EA game before because of that, that's how bad this game is managed.
And it's so sad, because this game had sooo much potential, to just be better. But it was squandered for laziness and a quick buck. It's not even just one thing, it's the multitude of things across a long period of time. You can see this by the amount of players that are leaving. It's by the thousands every month, and that's just from steam alone.
You can also see it in the content creators. So many that I know or watch, big and small, are just straight up leaving. Because of the lack of care for the community feedback and suggestions. You have people who play this game for a majority of their lives, spending 8+ hours in it. A majority of which know The ins and outs, the current issues, things that are strong or weak, or things that need fix. And these content creators spend so much time creating feedback for you, and ideas and things that can improve the game by a lot. And the majority of the community usually agrees that some of change needs to be made. Then y'all take this information, and throw it out and instead go with the decision from a bunch of that for the most part almost never actually play the game.
And instead of using this great information that actual players are providing you too make real changes, you instead think of the laziest band aid fixes and choose those instead. And it's very clear to everyone that's all it is. That why so many big content creators have plans of leaving as well. Anybody else remember Monto? I do. Used to be one of my favorite people to watch. He left cause he felt he needed a break. And when he came back I watched that too, and he looked so miserable, so uninterested. That's how most of these content creators feel. Heck I feel the same way. I never look forward to playing this game anymore. Which is sad because this used to be my daily game.
I just can't wait for them to lose the rest of their major content creators. I feel like it'll be the same situation as Monto. They'll come back occasionally for a couple of games for their community every few days before switch back to their new game they've been playing.
It's just sad that a game that was so loved by so many, has been run into the ground by developers who care so little about the game itself, and more so just about what's in their players wallets.
Comments
I ain't reading that but good for you, or that sucks whichever applies.
I mean, haha. But if you're not gonna read then why comment? Weird.
It wasn't a goodbye post. In fact I never said I was leaving. And all of it was constructive. You're just assuming at this point.
Yeah, I've not played since the first week of the winter event. It's not like previous breaks. It has turned into more of a hassle to play than anything else. I checked in today to read patch notes and considered logging in. Thought about it and was completely uninterested in putting up with the BS again.
The past few months have beaten the joy out of the game for me and many others. SBMMR is a HUGE part of it, but boons and the new population from Epic really changed the overall feel of the game. It's not that fun anymore. Less of the players are fun to engage with. There used to be meme groups and goofy killers, now it's all sweat.
Good luck all. I don't see tgis dev crew having the ability to turn it around. They've been driving straight for the cliff and don't seem to care.
Yes, I said I've left before, and came back. That's why I mentioned that I had left other games out of boredom and went back to playing them. You're taking your translation of what I said and turning it into something else. I never said my friends and I left because we're "bored". In fact I even said in there that we still play it. It's you once again assuming.
And it is constructive. You prove my point just by your comments. "Because we get posts like this all the time."
That's true, there's a lot of them. And a lot of videos and Twitter posts and tons and tons of player feedback. And Behavior just throws that aside and instead does things off the most basic and laziest of statistics. That's poor management.
I used the content creators as an example. Mainly to show how little they actually care about community feedback. And since Scott did state earlier today on this forum that he and a few others, Tru3 and the biggest content creator DBD has currently, otz, are all leaving for quite a while once Elden ring releases. Then you have Dowsey and a bunch other leaving for VHS, and a bunch of smaller streamers going back to different games.
Everything I have stated has been factual and based on what's been seen. However you are currently just talking to make my post fit some narrative that you've created in your head.
I did? Where's the pony then?
I feel like it's worth adding onto your first point that Rizzo90 has confirmed that every single thread gets read through by at least one member of the team. They all have mostly different areas where they're active, and all sometimes intersect around General Discussions, but the Mod Team do get through every single thread.
Now imagine having to comment on every single thread like "Your feedback has been noted and appreciated" - that sounds even more superficial than not responding at all.
I don't expect them to comment on every post, or any posts for that matter, never said I did. Nor did I state that they should use every idea they come across. What I said is that there's been many suggestions by the community as a whole, including the content creators that actually play this game the most. Things like: more diverse gameplay, better anti cheat system, better report system, better map balances, better optimization. Most of which, are acknowledged, and then swept under the rug. Some of these things have been asked for 5 years, and they said they'd change it. They then proceed to change things based on basic statistics, none of which are a secret, and they do it in the laziest way possible. It's not my personal opinion, it's based upon their history, and their history speaks for itself.
Also that quote you used of mine is past tense. Once again as in I've stopped playing in the past. Which, once again, is why included the part saying that I still currently play. Maybe Google context clues? Lol
But really, if you're unhappy with the post, just not comment? Lol it's pointless.
I agree I play a lot less and people I played with play a lot less
to me I think it was the loss of ranks and the new grade system. No longer do I have the drive to get and stay at rank one. Now with grades everyone can achieve grade one.
what’s the goal? What are we striving for? Your right… it’s a party game to pick up for a few… no longer the hours of grinding