Why play if you're just gonna hide?!?
Ok this is more of a vent but I just played a game...killer knocking everyone off pretty quickly, me and one survivor left, I get hooked and the other survivor hides in a locker. I hit second stage on hook, still in locker, I die, she comes out with birds flying over her head from hiding so long and she gets out from the hatch. Like seriously!? Play the game, help your team out, or don't freaking play. Ok sorry, end rant.
Comments
If the survivor was playing the game normally up until that point, what she did is very understandable.
At the stage where two survivors remain, there isn't much you can do. Once they catch somebody, the killer is not going to move far from the hook, because it is the only place the other survivor will be (unless there's just one gen left to do, but that's a risky prospect and allows a save.) If they're not camping the hook outright, they're going to return immediately once the unhook happens, and if they're not crazy, they won't be far. Going and unhooking the survivor will typically result in both of you dead unless the rescuer is healthy, has Borrowed Time, and neither of you screw up and get downed in less than 15 seconds.
Even if you do successfully get away and the killer downs her, your positions are now reversed (and you're now injured, which means you can't bum rush a save and will probably go down before you reach the hook.) You can't recover from this situation. You can only hook trade until you both die (which will happen if the killer decides they want the 4k; they'll slug the first and go after the second once they know where the second is), or one of you gets hatch. The teammate decided she wanted the hatch and left you behind.
If she was healthy, she could have tried, but it wasn't ever going to result in something better than you or her getting out through hatch, and may have ended with you both dead. If she was injured, there was no way she could save you, period. It's unfortunate, but players aren't obligated to sacrifice themselves to save you.
I'll still go for the save because I have BT and I like bloodpoints, but I understand when players don't and I'll often let myself die on hook if they don't immediately run for me so that they don't have to make that choice and can look for hatch safely.
Of course, if the teammate was hiding in a locker all game, that's a different story. But hiding in a locker while the killer patrols the only other guy left isn't a sin.
I agree with your comment but she was healthy, had not taken any hits or been hooked. It's just very frustrating when myself and other survivor are working together, rescuing each other and whatnot, and then you have someone that does nothing all game and then hides when it gets to the end and let's a teammate die, especially when she was hidden so long she gets 3 birds flying around her head. I dunno, just very annoying and it really irritates me which is why I had to say something lol don't get me started on killers who camp, ugh! Lol
Actually when I’m down to two survivors I hook one and actively look for the other or, if the hook timer is close to finishing, head toward the shack or main building to see if I can quickly spot the hatch. I figure if the other person actually rescues the hooked survivor I’ll easily get another hook since I know exactly where they both are, or I might even spot the rescuer running in while I’m looking for him and cut him off.
I usually wander far away to encourage the unhook, because I want more points all around and I don't care if someone hatches out, but it doesn't change the fact that two survivors left are super doomed and unless there's one gen left that's partway done, they don't have any chance of accomplishing anything. I respect players who try to save each other more, but I get why people go 'screw it' and wait for hatch.
The real painful games are when you're the killer and both survivors decide to do this, though. :x
Watch out for insidious camping but ya not much they can really do but hook trade better off just hiding unless you see the killer wander far. Most killers however wont let that happen with 2 players left unless they had a flashlight or flashbang
Well, if they played so from the start, thats bad. But i did what they did in their situation, and then was called useless, even i finished all 3 gens done that game, one completly alone, and one where 2 joined after it was over 80%.
But then, i got a game where the killer found me, i run them for 4 gens, and then the others let me die on the hook because i didnt do a single gen...
If you are not in an swf, you are on your own. If you are a good teamplayer, the others might be more inclined to help you out, but that is not a given.
You can try using bond so you know where your teammates are