Influencer Concerns

I'm writing this here because there's every chance it could get lost in the general section, and I consider this something of high importance for the game's future health.

So far this morning I've read that 4 prominent influencers for the game have decide they will (at least temporarily) leave the game, citing Elden Ring as a possible alternative.

This is showing that they clearly feel unheard when it comes to the state of the game. Indeed, whilst I'm not saying they or the community are always right, it does appear that more requested investigations are often superseeded by more superficial changes. As an example, much has been said about Dead Hard, Circle Of Healing and NOED, but instead perks people care less about like Buckle Up or Boil Over are given attention.

It sounds petty, but there have been long-standing issues when more requested investigations are overlooked by less relevant ones. And it's gotten to a point where some of the biggest name who promote the product are looking elsewhere. In my opinion, this is a bad scenario:

Rival games are not a concern, because if a product is good and well-advertised then it wil stand. But when the very people who promote the product leave to promote others, then that is where there can be a considerable problem.

I'm urging yourselves to take feedback much more seriously. For example, there are some good things being discussed in future for the game, such as the SoloQ buff, but the time taken has been too long. It does not depict any sense of urgency. If anything, major concerns about the state of the game don't even get so much as an acknowledgement.

The game needs to react quicker and more in-step with popular opinion. It needs to respond more seriously to influencer ideas, which comes from a place of unique and vast experience in gameplay. It needs to be more reactionary.

Influencers, no matter that people's opinions may vary on each individual, have a huge place of importance in keeping a game healthy. You lose them; you lose a significant audience and publicity. You lose that; you lose licences and ultimately the game will suffer heavily, from which it may become difficult to recover from.

In summary, this is potentially a huge issue. It's important to communicate with them and react quickly. Otherwise the future for the game will become rather bleak.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • So far this morning I've read that 4 prominent influencers for the game have decide they will (at least temporarily) leave the game, citing Elden Ring as a possible alternative.

    A quick note here: those creators would've gotten into Elden Ring no matter the state of the game, a couple of them started with the Souls community in the first place and Elden Ring is a huge game a lot of people (me included) have been waiting for a long time.

    With this I'm not saying their opinions need to be dismissed or that the game can't improve, I'm just pointing out that Elden Ring is not the main factor in this.

  • @Rizzo said:

    So far this morning I've read that 4 prominent influencers for the game have decide they will (at least temporarily) leave the game, citing Elden Ring as a possible alternative.

    A quick note here: those creators would've gotten into Elden Ring no matter the state of the game, a couple of them started with the Souls community in the first place and Elden Ring is a huge game a lot of people (me included) have been waiting for a long time.

    With this I'm not saying their opinions need to be dismissed or that the game can't improve, I'm just pointing out that Elden Ring is not the main factor in this.

    Firstly, thank you for your reply. I appreciate you reading this.

    To confirm, and maybe this wasn't clear, but Elden Rings isn't what I'm getting into here. What I was relating to was that they're actively talking about leaving the game (albeit temporarily). Elden Rings isn't the issue, but moreover what they are actively saying about their channels.

    It's illustrative of influencers having the ability to change focus of their channel if they feel the only alternative they have to be taken seriously is by leaving the game.

    I appreciate what you're saying about Elden Ring and it is just a quick note, but what I'm trying to say is they wouldn't be leaving DBD content behind entirely. Yes, they'd buy Elden Rings, but if they were happier they'd still be releasing DBD content. By the sounds of it, they're leaving it behind, and that's the issue at hand.