How about 1600 auric cells?

Hey BHVR. You are taking away 4 cosmetic pieces from Cannibal players. Price of a single cosmetic piece for Cannibal is 400 auric. 1600 for 4 pieces. How about you give everyone who unlocked faces enough compensation to replace what you are taking away? That would prove people that it's not just a greedy cash grab plot to make people spend money on paid skins.

Yeah, yeah, I know, not gonna happen. One can dream though.


Edit: Black face Bubba was discussed all the way in 2018. But... Bubba didn't have paid cosmetics at that time. All of that was ignored until paid cosmetics were added. Suspicious?

@EnviouSLAY said:

I find it kind of upsetting that the cannibal is able to unlock claudettes face as a cosmetic. I understand he is able to do so with the entire original 4 survivors; but being able to wear claudettes face is actually pretty problematic. We already deal with a lot of toxicity in the community, especially racism/homophobia, so the fact that there is a white killer that is able to actually paint his face black (african american) as a cosmetic is pretty messed up. I don't think this should be a cosmetic in the game still, it was an interesting idea for cosmetics you can unlock via achieving a certain about of kills on a certain survivor, but at the end of the day this is appropriating toxic/racist behavior especially by killers who troll afterwords and use racial slurs.


Comments

  • I'd prefer new masks over Auric Cells. I don't like either of Bubba's masks in the shop. We're losing over half of his non-default masks. Two female makeup-wearing masks and his prestige mask, that's not great in terms of options.

    Outright losing content with no new content to replace it leaves a hole. Neither Shards nor Auric Cells make up for deleted content.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741891#Comment_2741891

    I don't see the entitlement here.

    People are losing a set of really cool, really unique cosmetics because a handful of butt turkeys decided to be butt turkeys. For compensation, they are being offered a pretty measly sum of shards. This reminds me of the Caps controversy from that terrible Fallout MMO.

    You didn't spend money for the masks. Why would they give you a real-life money currency back? And 1600 at that? People are out of their minds.

  • @SuzuKR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2741902#Comment_2741902

    You didn't spend money for the masks. Why would they give you a real-life money currency back? And 1600 at that? People are out of their minds.

    1600 is excessive...but hey, always aim high and negotiate down.

    I do think that the current compensation is miserly.

    Yes, they didn't cost money - but the killer does, and the masks are potentially a reason why someone spent that money on the killer. AFAIK, there's no precedent for BHVR doing something like this in recent memory, so yeah - if I was a Bubba main, I'd be pretty steamed.

  • Giving auric cells for the masks is a foolish ask for reasons many have mentioned already.

    Iri shards makes the most sense, but like most of BHVR's rewards/gifts, the amount it pretty paltry. They should take the amount of shards/BP they think is fair and like triple it, no exaggeration. When you look at the cost of cosmetics, I don't think even 18K shards would be unreasonable.

    Yeah, they're just cosmetics, but it's not just the cost of a head (well, four), but the not insignificant cost in player time. Yeah, if you play enough Bubba you'd have earned them anyway, but still.

1 2 ›