Dead Hard Rework
Dead Hard is a perk that rewards bad plays by allowing an injured survivor an immense strategic advantage in avoiding a hit that would've otherwise put them in the dying state after they have lost the chase; Or it buys them that one little boost to reach a pallet and tack on an excess amount to a chase that the killer had already won. It's just a spit in the eye.
My idea is simple: Make the survivor earn the invulnerability. Mettle of Man only procs if you take a hit for someone else's benefit. You're being courageous. So I think Dead Hard should activate only after a Survivor has completed a specific action; avoiding a killer's attack. This perfectly fits with David's flavor text talking about avoiding injuries and dodging, and it rewards a skillful player for actively avoiding danger on their own accord.
Tldr: Dead Hard should activate after a survivor successfully avoided 2 or 3 killer attacks.
Comments
So, it would be only useful in low mmr matches or against console players?
You cannot really dodge a PC Killer's attack, not even talking about 3 if they at least played the game for a while.
This is not the best way to change Dead Hard imo.
May I suggest something instead?
David is a protector, right? Make it only activate after taking a hit for your teammate, this way you lose a health state to save you friend, but get a boost so you can last longer in a chase.
Maybe it also has some holes in design tho, I just thought about it right now.
Dead Hard should have a 3 second speed burst instead of 1 second.
I always find that there are ways to either bait, last second dodge, or vault to avoid plenty of attacks. It's not just about doing a lil 360.
While I do like the idea of him earning it by taking a protective hit, it doesn't synergies with his other peeks very well given No Mither, but since no one tends to run that, I digress. It's certainly an "easier" way of getting it , sure, but it still just turns it into another Mettle of Man.