I support the Cannibal changes. Just a slight nitpick with its execution
I support BHVRs decision to crack down on racism, I just dont think they handled it in the best manner. Just removing the masks like that was kind of a knee jerk reaction which I think is rather questionable.
This was our chance to finally delete Bubba from the game and have BBQ become a generic perk.
Comments
No we need to go farther and remove everything from the game so nobody can complain about dbd anymore. That way there is no more Bubba, no more racism, no more nft collaboration, no more problems. Simple problems require simple solutions.
They should've also just given the 6,000 shards to anyone that owns Bubba. Now we're going to have an increase in Bubba players that are just making sure they'll get the shards. 😒
The patch notes specify "anyone who has ever played Bubba" so if you've ever played Bubba in your life on that account, you'll get the shards. No one has to play him to specifically get the shards unless they literally just bought him (which tbf is possible; I told my brother who just started about it and he picked up Bubba so he could get the shards as 6000 shards is 2/3rds the way to him getting another survivor or killer)
To be fair we are getting a better consultation than normal for the removal. They could have giving out a 100k band-aid for the removal if they felt like it.
Ha ha ha... I am glad Behavior is one step behind the playerbase, I suppose.
You think racism ends with the removal? No, if you're a racist in the first place you will do the same thing(heck probably even more) once that patch is out.
They should not be hypocrit and remove all forms of harassement from the game, which in some cases have been asked for years from the community. Like flashlights clicking that causes seizures...
It's definitely way better than what we normally get. I have no problem with it being shards, just that it's encouraging more Bubba players. I'll probably just avoid DBD until the mid-chapter while people play their Bubba matches to make sure they get the shards.
Well its only one match they need to play so I'm sure after a few days things will go back to normal.
Wait so all I have to do is buy him and play one game with him to get the shards?
That's what BHVR says at least.
"Anyone who has ever played The Cannibal by the release of the Mid-Chapter update will be awarded 6,000 Iridescent Shards to compensate for their removal"
Mid-Chapter update isn't until tomorrow so I see no reason why this wouldn't include people who buy it today
Leatherface is an iconic slasher film character and belongs in DBD, he shouldn't be deleted.
Watch the chase scene from the original texas chainsaw massacre, a game of DBD basically tries to recreate that scene. In fact the whole middle and end of that film could be a DBD game.
*Spoiler Alert*
LF downs the 1st with a hammer double tap, grabs and hooks a 2nd and camps it, before chasing a 3rd, mori'ing a 4th mid chase and then catching the 3rd leading into the overly drawn out ending where the last girl gets out while LF tantrums. Its just like a game of DBD.
Unfortunately in an effort to theme up his cosmetics by taking player faces they created a blackface scenario. While there was no intent to be offensive, it was riding a line too thin that it couldn't be abused by offensive members of the community.
Its probably easier to remove said cosmetics than police their use, so its no surprise they eventually removed them.