OP killer action
I Just played a game against the shape, and was instantly killed. I wasn't downed a single time, I wasn't hooked, I was just killed. I understand I was exposed, but for the killer to be able to instantly kill a survivor on the first "hit" is completely unsporting, and takes the fun out of the game completely. Has anyone else had this issue? Please don't respond with "get good". It isn't helpful, and doesn't add anything of value to the topic.
Comments
You're going to need to clarify a few things.
Did you happen to see what add-ons the killer brought with?
Were you grabbed and killed (Mori) or did you just drop dead after an m1? (Hack)
It wasn't a hack, no. I was playing against The Shape, and unfortunately I wasn't able to see his add-ons or perks. My capture of the playthrough didn't show in, and in the scoreboard they aren't visible until visible until end of the game. This happened at the beginning of the match. Yes, I could have done a better job dodging, I'll readily admit that. When he caught me he just picked me up and stabbed me. I get it. Its part of the game. I don't think this is intentional unsporting conduct by the player, but for the killer to have the ability to kill someone and remove them match without and hits or hook status definitely takes the fun out of it. Especially when you have to wait for several minutes just to get into a game.
I believe you can also hang onto a gen or anything else you can otherwise get grabbed out of, as the Grab action overrides the Kill action.
Yeah, sounds like tombstone. So he was sitting there stalking you (or your teammates) for quite some time to get that ability, he loses it fairly quickly, and there are audio cues to let you know when he's got it. As Broken said, when you hear those and see him, your best bet is to go full Dwight and hop in a locker, this stops him from getting the mori and makes him either hook you or let you go.
Also, and this is honestly where I struggle as well, you've got to keep an eye out, look for him, don't let him stand there building up his stalk meter. When you see him standing there like the most awkward boy at the dance, run away. His power is all built on stalk meter, he builds it by standing and staring at survivors, unlike ghostface he can't peek around the corner.
Tombstone mechanic is so dumb.
It is incredible the devs never felt the urge to fixe tombostones.
Not to make them weaker but to make them more fair and to make them have sense.
How can a new player assume that you will avoid this perk doing a gen and letting Myers grab you?
By learning as you play? What do you want? The game with a loading screen saying 'This Myers brought Tombstone & can insta-kill. Just avoid it by hiding in lockers!'
It's not a game problem; it's just a new player not knowing something because they never faced it before. That's how facing something for the first time works; you only learn counters as you play against it.
The game should push you to run from killers, not to search a place where you must be grabbed in order to avoid a mechanic programmed to not work if you must be grabbed.
It is metagame thinking.
New players obv do not know this is a thing, they see a killer murdering other surv and they run, they do not hide in front of him!
It is senseless, it make sense only because it is a videogame with a really particular addons that work that way.
To be fair, running from him also works. The options presented on the forum are generally more advanced than just "run away from the big bad guy" because people here tend to assume that those asking for advice understand that part already.