Thanks BHVR for finally addressing the solo q problem.
Now all that is left is to weaken SWF and everything will be perfect.
If that gets addressed then DBD will be much more balanced than it ever was.
Kudos for taking the first correct step in balancing.
Comments
This game will never truely be "balanced" for one simple reason as the odds are never in your favor on whatever side you play. Its more fun surviving by the skin of your pants and not repairing a gen for 4 min while staring at a AFKILLA!
They haven't addressed anything yet. They just mentioned it. They even repeated multiple times that they may scrap this.
Good step in the right direction for sure. I never play soloQ survivor because I mostly play with 1/2 friends as survivor and when I play solo I switch to Killer. However I like it when people get the opportunity to enjoy the game in a better way.
I do not agree with nerfing SWF so soon as it brings up the danger of once again hurting the SoloQ. A better way would be to slowly build up the soloQ and then buff the Killers so that they can keep up. I just hope that they are not buffing this in a way that makes stealth Killers worse.
The entire point of doing something about the solo-swf gap in the way they mentioned is exactly because nerfing SWF itself will never ever happen, not in a quadrillion years.
The only option is to increase the baseline assumed efficiency and coordination of any and all survivor teams and balance around that. And what they talked about would be a good start to that process.