Nice Dev Update, but...

I'm really happy that Solo Q is finally being looked at. It is something that a lot of people including myself have been asking for a long time.

But... no word or update on the hacking situation?

Just today I had 4 obvious hackers in my matches. I think it has crossed a point where it is out of control, and at least it could be acknowledged.

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    I'm really happy that Solo Q is finally being looked at. It is something that a lot of people including myself have been asking for a long time.

    But... no word or update on the hacking situation?

    Just today I had 4 obvious hackers in my matches. I think it has crossed a point where it is out of control, and at least it could be acknowledged.

    They're not likely to say much about what they do or don't do to stop hackers, why tip cheaters off if they implement countermeasures?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302911/nice-dev-update-but

    They're not likely to say much about what they do or don't do to stop hackers, why tip cheaters off if they implement countermeasures?

    I think what most people want to know is that they're at least doing something about it. Not exactly what it is.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    There's going to be a part 2 have some patience.

    While I do use this argument a lot as well regarding nerfs/buffs etc…

    i don’t expect them to acknowledge anything about the cheaters in such a dev update.


    they have stated multiple times that EAC is being used as the anti-cheat measure and that there will always be people finding workarounds to cheat and then EAC has to update accordingly to fix that etc. and it’s an ever on-going process.

    i mean.. I hope they will acknowledge it and getting more active against cheaters (eg reworking the whole report system)…

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727797#Comment_2727797

    While I do use this argument a lot as well regarding nerfs/buffs etc…

    i don’t expect them to acknowledge anything about the cheaters in such a dev update.

    they have stated multiple times that EAC is being used as the anti-cheat measure and that there will always be people finding workarounds to cheat and then EAC has to update accordingly to fix that etc. and it’s an ever on-going process.

    i mean.. I hope they will acknowledge it and getting more active against cheaters (eg reworking the whole report system)…

    People have been patient enough. The devs are far too slow to take any action beforehand.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727797#Comment_2727797

    While I do use this argument a lot as well regarding nerfs/buffs etc…

    i don’t expect them to acknowledge anything about the cheaters in such a dev update.

    they have stated multiple times that EAC is being used as the anti-cheat measure and that there will always be people finding workarounds to cheat and then EAC has to update accordingly to fix that etc. and it’s an ever on-going process.

    i mean.. I hope they will acknowledge it and getting more active against cheaters (eg reworking the whole report system)…

    At this point at least getting the recording/replay system would be enough for me. As long as they get banned I dont mind reporting.

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2727859#Comment_2727859

    At this point at least getting the recording/replay system would be enough for me. As long as they get banned I dont mind reporting.

    additionally having to manually find the Steam ID64 or what ever it’s called is something i find outdated and especially since crossplay is a thing (and turned on in default setting) it shouldn’t be necessary..

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    There's going to be a part 2 have some patience.

    Part 2 will most likely just cover a bunch of stuff to be tested in midchapter, like killer changes, survivor perk changes, killer perk changes, etc.. I think they took this Part 1 to tell us more minor things coming in midchapter and other updates to come down the line.