What is the rate of DC's to games in order to be banned for DCing?
Hi Dead by Daylight,
My first post here but I remember that they announced that you could be banned for DCing and I'm pretty sure they said if you DC 25 out of 100, for example, you will get banned. Can anyone confirm the amount of DCs out of a certain amount of games to get banned?
I am not using this for any malicious purpose, I find disconnecting stupid and I just forgot the rate.
Thanks, Sightsen
Comments
They wont discuss numbers as it allows enough information to game the system.
If anyone can link me to the Dev stream vod or let me know that would be appreciated.
That is true, maybe I didn't hear it right. Thanks though. So 100% you can get banned if you leave a certain amount of times out of a certain amount of games?
Jendenise deranks by DCing regularly and she hasnt been banned so far.
We dont know actual numbers, but I think the rate is higher than 25%
You have an odd fascination with what others do in video games.
She also probably plays hundreds more matches than most people so the threshold is higher, I've seen Peanits mention it a couple of times but you have a hard time understanding that.
We are talking about a DC rate here, not about a number.
The rate of DCs you need to derank regularly doesnt change, no matter how much you play
Here, I copied the section from her Q&A for you:
Q: Why do you derank?
I've been in the red ranks very often, and use to stay at rank 1. But I would go against the same 1-2 killers many times in a row and it would become very boring for the stream. I would also have the same teammates every game. I like to stay in the purple/green ranks for more variety. I don't like to derank to the yellow ranks because I do think the yellow and brown ranks should be the new player's haven. I found that players tend to get worse the higher I get in ranks. Every day, I start at around rank 11 and stop my streams at around rank 4-6.
Nobody knows because the devs have not revealed any numbers, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or making ######### up.
Thanks guys for the replies!
They absolutely change.
Lets make the numbers simple so you can understand why they have to change.
Take Jim, he plays 20 games a day, and maybe disconnects from 1 or 2 a day. This means in a week, out of 140 games, Jim disconnects from 7 - 14 matches, does he deserve a ban? no.
Now lets take Jon, he plays 5 matches a day and disconnects from 1 - 2 a day, this means out of 35 matches he disconnects from 7 - 14 of those matches. Jon has a much higher chance ( a deserving chance) of being banned as he DCs from a higher percentage of matches than Jim.
And this is why the numbers change depending on your amount of matches, because banning someone for dcing from 5% at the same rate as someone who dcs from 40+% of their matches is silly.
Test it out yourself?
5% and 40+% are both numbers (ratios of games played to games abandoned, in percentage form). Those are the numbers they are asking for.
Seems like you dont understand what deranking means. When you want to hover at certain ranks, then you need to DC for every game you play in order to keep at your desired rank.
Lets take jenenise for example. For simiplicity, let her play 50 games per stream before she deranks again.
Lets say she will pip almost every game, sometimes even double pip. Lets simply assume that she gets 60 pips in total for this. This means that she has to DC 30 games after the stream to come back to the rank where she started. i.e. the DC rate is 37,5%.
This rate doesnt change if she only plays 10 games on a day or if she plays 100 per day because for every game you play, you will have to lose pips again.
Sure, if some pleb employs the same strategy, he might not do as well as she does and doesnt pip/double pip as much and will have a slightly lower DC rate, but that doesnt depend on the games played either
They'll have a week freed up to review the data during the ban.
Can I see the data you have on Jendenise' Ranking & Derankings, you talk like you know about every match she pips and depips in. I'm just curious as to if you will share this data so we can all have a look at it.
Also, you talk about deranking a lot because you do it yourself, is it implausible that she just suicides in matches, which is the same equivalent as you not playing as killer?
You have such a targeted hate for one individual yet you both derank, you're just a hypocrite tbh.
Edit - Also love your numbers, she plays 50 games and ends up with 60 pips, so you're just going to say she pip in every single game even if she is tunnelled and morid? Your results are already biased towards yourself assuming she pips every match she plays, LOL.
Did you actually read?
It was just an exmaple with assumption #########. If you dont understand what a rate is, then never mind, I wont bother anymore
Whatever it is...
Just play more than you DC.
Or don't DC on purpose. If you want to leave the game so badly just let the killer find you and ######### on the hook. Get some points in the process. Why is that so hard?
I don't DC I was just curious about the rate.
Thanks Peanits, I thought a number was on the dev stream before, cheers though.
Haha content, that's sad. At that point why don't they just script content with a legacy friend....