What I Do Like About Trickster
I have my reservations about trickster, his power isn't the most incredible thing ever, I'm still conflicted about whether I think his appearance clashes with the rest of the cast. But lore and theme wise, what I love about Trickster is that he just has this presence that no one else does. He operates in the public, he's bombastic, he throoughly enjoys his killing.
A good chunk of the roster choose to kill out of necessity, or some kind of personal trauama, or didn't even kill anyone prior to entering the entity's realm. Killers like The Artist, The Twins, The Spirit, The Hag, The Hilbilly and The Wraith. These are all killers who are effected by their world. I greatly enjoy killers like The Trickster who affect their world. Killers who have power, know this and take full advantage of it. Other killers that have this kinda story to them are Deathslinger, Oni and Plague. Technically nemesis too, but I don't really count him because he's really more of a killing machine than a person. Doctor kinda falls into this category too, but not quite to the degree as the others since there's no publicity to his actions, they're all being kept hush hush by the government.
And while Deathslinger, Oni, and Plague affect their world and the people around them, none of them have the showmanship about it that Trickster does. This of course, makes sense for their characters, but it really makes Trickster stand out amongst them.
So yeah, I guess it would be cool to see more killers that affect their world as opposed to being affected by their world.
Comments
Trickster resembles Ghostface. They're both merciless Killers without a goal, they're just killing for the fun of it and publishing their killings, either with the usage of newspapers or intergrating them into their music
Y'know, I never actually noticed how similar those two characters are lore wise. They're both being public about their killings without revealing that they're doing any killing. And Ghostface definitely has a sense of humor about the whole thing too, considering he takes selfies with his mori victims.
Trickster is also enjoying himself quite a bit, handing out autographs after filling someone up with 20 knives or so, laughing, giggling and singing during The Trial
Don't forget how he moans when he gets hit by a pallet
Doesn't he get mad instead? If he's actually moaning, that'd be hilarious