My Attempt at a Trickster Rework
INTRODUCTION
Its been a while since I've done one of these and I'm bored af so might as well make another killer OP.
As with all my reworks I want to keep the identity of the killer, address the main frustrations while playing as and against them, and making them stronger / weaker in areas that warrant them. All of my reworks are basically really ambitious and there's no way in hell they're going to make it but hey, a boy can dream.
CHANGES TO SHOWSTOPPER
- Tap the Power button to send out a short Burst of Knives.
- Tap the Secondary power button to charge a Flurry of Knives, tap it again to cancel.
Burst of Knives
- Wind up time of 0.35 seconds.
- Sends out a short burst of 3 Knives.
- Slows down to 4.0m/s. (100%)
- 3 second cool down.
Flurry of Knives
- Wind up time of 1.35 seconds.
- Decreased amount of knives required to reach maximum throw rate from 8 to 4.
- Increased throw rate multiplier from 1.3x to 1.4x .
- Can now only throw a maximum of 18 knives at a time.
- Removed recoil.
- Slows down to 3.68m/s (92%)
- 6 second cool down.
Other Changes to Showstopper
- Decreased amount of knives required to see locker auras from 15 to 11.
- Slowed down Laceration decay from 0.3c/s to 0.2c/s while running and from 0.4c/s to 0.3c/s while doing any other action.
These changes should make him a bit more interesting to face and make him stand out a bit more compared to the other ranged killers, it should also help him out in tighter spaces.
MAIN EVENT
Trickster is unique in a way that he kind of has an "ultimate ability'. How ever a lot of people can agree that this ability feels very underwhelming and is very map dependent. This ability is going to be entirely reworked.
- Increased required knives to activate Main Event from 30 blades to 44 blades.
- Decreased Main Event activation window from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
- Increased activation time from 0.5 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Main Event duration decreased from 10 seconds to 7.5 seconds.
- Once Main Event is ready, a global audio cue will be played.
- Increased Deactivation time from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Decreased Deactivation time movement speed to 2.68m/s (67%)
Main Event Rework
- Press and hold the Secondary power button to activate Main Event.
- While activated, time will slow down 1.5x and reverse back to what was happening 5 seconds ago. This affects everything in the trial, other than The Trickster himself.
- The Trickster can still interact with Survivors but their health states will only change once Main Event is over.
- The Trickster is no longer limited to only using knives while using Main Event.
- While Main Event is active, The Trickster can no longer see aura's.
CONCLUSION
Well, there you have it. My completely insane idea of how I would rework The Trickster. These changes mostly focus on nerfing his 1v1 a little while also giving him a very unique and possibly game changing form of map pressure. Obviously some numbers would have to be tweaked but the main idea is there.
Let me know what you think and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them! (also probably gonna edit the ######### outta this in the morning considering I am sleep deprived)
Comments
well I see this is totally gonna be moved to Feedback and Suggestions, and to be completely honest I thought that's where I was writing too
That's a really unique rework, I love the idea of going back in time and having multiple options of throwing knives is also really cool. Great rework
very interesting.
how quickly is he throwing these knives?
I was thinking slightly faster than the Max throwrate he currently has, just fast enough to be able to turn a corner and try to get 3 cheeky knife throws.
With the faster movement speed while doing so and the audio cue of him pulling out the knives, I think it creates a unique back and forth similar to Huntress, where both wides have a chance at outplaying each other.
Thank you! <3
Ive always thought it was weird that he wasnt able to do that or something somilar, considering his teaser is a music player reversing. So I wanted to incorporate that into his power some how and this is how it turned out!
Nice attention to detail, I've completely forgotten about his teaser
okay, i see, that doesn't sound bad then. actually feels a little more streamlined.
although i like current trickster, i think your main event idea is a very creative callback to the theories about time reversal back when his teaser came out. I'm all over time travel stuff so naturally, I'm going to be into it. i also respect reworks and power/perk concepts that are not based around extremely generic ideas that everybody parrots. i appreciate the thought and creativity, it sounds like it came from a dev.
however, I'm confused by your idea for the Flurry. what's the usage of this ability that you're seeing?
The idea about the Flurry is to still keep his identity that he has now, some people (including myself) like how current Trickster feels, not only is it more consistent with the removal of recoil but it makes it more skill-based because of the limited number of knives that you can use before going on cooldown.
It also serves as feedback for Survivors, if they see Trickster has been holding his knives they know a Flurry is about to happen, so I can see it as a kind of battle where Survivors attempt to dodge and The Trickster tries to use his knives very carefully. In the end the better player comes out on top.
yeah I probably couldve done better with this one lmao
Im Up for this, It would make him more different and unic from the rest of the Range Killers.