Can we get some graphical clarity on killer hits?
I was just bored one match and just slowly moved to see how hits were being detected on this game, I legit would see a killer lunge and hit an object almost 2 yards away from my character model and just barely within the attack cone and the hit would detect. I don't think this was the killer actually missing me, I think that between a combination of latency and animations that killer hit clarity is practically gone. It wasn't precise when I first started playing but the animations are clearly off by a few meters and I just would like to know if the devs are working on this.
Comments
Yeah there seems to be a bit of a discussion regarding hitboxes in this game on these forums. I do believe it's the problem you just described instead of hitboxes being actually broken. It's probably the connection.
@ad19970 @akbays35 its the hitboxes and the Peer to Peer connection. Search on google what it means if you dont know.
Look it's always been p2p but I played this game for over a year and it hasn't been this bad since the past couple of patches so the devs clearly broke something in the game and have just frankly ignored it despite the fact that it affects game play. 2 patches back, dead hard was having the same issue since hit detection overidden any effect it had, so they extended the buffer by .5 second as a lag buffer. This is a development fault of animations and player interactions that is being swept under the rug and just considered killer buffs.
If this was a fighting game or a shooter this would be considered unacceptable but since it's an asymmetrical game they seem to allow for graphical 'glitches' to be encouraged for one side. I don't mind buffing killers, but just make the damn animations sync with the actual hits so I can understand what happened. It's bad when even killer mains question how they got the hit they did.
@akbays35 Yeah dead hard have a little delay. But if you have watched one of the lastet streames from the devs, you can se the problem with the hitboxes. They are designed so when the killer tougth a survivors hitbox, its a hit. The weapon is just a animation. They have did that because of the P2P connection. If they get dedicated servers, they can rework it so hits gonna be much more fair.