Tips for playing Nurse
I'm determined to make Nurse my main killer.
So I've started playing as Nurse and I had a few games yesterday, I started off playing with the flannel add-on so I could see exactly where I was blinking to but I found that I was better just using my own intuition on that and with long distance blinks I have gotten to be pretty accurate.
its more at close quarters that I am struggling, she is so damn slow in a straight out chase, the survivors literally just run around the same loop and I can't seem to do anything to catch them and end up having to just leave them and move onto the next survivor, short blinks seem ineffective/inaccurate and the cooldown cripples me.
At present I'm running Discordance, Ruin, Thanatophobia and Nurse's Calling and it seems like a pretty solid slow down build, but the games are taking far too long because once I've hit someone with a long distance blink the chase just goes on forever.
Any tips on how to shorten the chases, which add-ons should I use to help me out or is there a better build in general that I should look to use?
P.S. I play with a few killers (Trapper, Bubba, Freddy, Demopup and Clown) but my two mains are Legion and Twins, just lately though I've been having a pretty hard time with Legion and even though they are great for getting a ######### ton of bloodpoints I've just found that they have got a bit stale, with Twins I just enjoy running around as Victor and harassing people, I rarely get any more than 1 or 2k when playing with them but at the same time I don't really play to win with them.
Comments
I know this post doesn't mention I, but its important to know that you don't have to swing every time you do a blink chain. You need to learn when someone is just out of your range and you shouldn't swing for those. If you miss a swing it makes your cooldown even longer.
The addons I typically use are the ones that reduce your blink cooldown time and blink fatigue time. They help me get back into the chase faster.
Also sometimes you have to like, mind game survivor mindgames. As they learn how you play nurse, theyll adopt strategies to counter that, and you have to notice they've started doing that and adjust accordingly. For example if survivors have started to run towards you when you blink, you need to start making your blinks shorter.
I'm not trying to derail your thread or misguide you but you seem like you want to learn nurse because you want to master a strong char so you can stop getting destroyed
Again not trying to discourage you but why not simply learn hag instead?
She's really strong and helps you learn and memorize the maps,tiles, and totem spawns
I had a few more games with her earlier, it is so satisfying when you manage to land a hit right out of a blink, first game I had was on Dead Dawg Saloon and I didn't get a single hook but I was gen rushed in a big way, I think I only managed to land 3 hits in the whole game, the team were fine though, they did the gens and got out so I can't complain at all.
Second game was in Eyrie of Crows and I got 3k and the final survivor got the hatch, they weren't the best team so it was a good chance to practice on them, I'm getting better, it really is the short distance blinks that I am struggling with in a big way,.
Also as Chordyceps mentioned, knowing when not to swing is a big learning curve, I'm constantly missing or I'm blinking too soon, before I have my second blink ready.
She's good fun though.
No not at all, I tend to do pretty well with Legion and Clown and a few others, but the ones I tend to do well with are pretty much M1 killers, when I said I was having a hard time with Legion I meant that I was just getting a bit bored with them.
I've played Hag a few times but I just end up camping hooks with her lol
Oh up to you amigo that was just the impression I got from reading the post sorry for the misunderstanding I hope learning your nurse goes well for you
Ik tons of people say hag is boring and unexciting but I find her and trapper are some of the only killers where I feel like I actually outsmarted the survivors
While trying to learn Nurse i wouldnt recommend any addons that meddle with blink range as it only screws up your perception on blinks. Recharge addons are always the best. The thing is you have to get through this short blink dilemma. there is no way around it. Just commit to chases like that until you get the hang of it. try to look out for the best spots at objects to get a hit in and chase them the way you need it. leaving chases doesnt do anything for you to get better.