The Hatch key

I will explain this item for you,ok?

You go in a game with this key and after a few gens, just leave the game.

I understand the hatch.
I dont like the hatch, but i understand why its in the game.
BUT I dont understand this item.
The KEY is literally a legal ragequit.
This game gives you a ragequit item.
WHY?
Was the game designer ill or drunk?
A ragequit item shouldnt be in a game and if you ragequit you should be punishment.
Can someone explain me, why this item is in the game?

Comments

  • The hatch only appears when the killer has killed several survivors. Even then, survivors have to find the hatch to use it. Seems fine to me given that it costs at least, what? 6000BP, 7000BP?
  • @ShyN3ko said:

    I will explain this item for you,ok?

    You go in a game with this key and after a few gens, just leave the game.

    I understand the hatch.
    I dont like the hatch, but i understand why its in the game.
    BUT I dont understand this item.
    The KEY is literally a legal ragequit.
    This game gives you a ragequit item.
    WHY?
    Was the game designer ill or drunk?
    A ragequit item shouldnt be in a game and if you ragequit you should be punishment.
    Can someone explain me, why this item is in the game?

    You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

    Ragequit is done by pressing ESCAPE, then clicking on Leave The Game.

  • @Peasant said:
    The hatch only appears when the killer has killed several survivors. Even then, survivors have to find the hatch to use it. Seems fine to me given that it costs at least, what? 6000BP, 7000BP?

    yeah and how much does a hatch escape give 2500 good luck paying that off! now if youll excuse me i made the more sensible decision and got a broken key if you need me i will be crying in a corner

  • Can you explain why you are calling it a "rage quit item"?

  • Its a negative BP investment as long as just one gets to use it so i honestly don't care or even buy the keys of the bloodweb.
  • It's the survivor equivalent of an ebony mori - both shorten the game, one requires gens to be done the other requires hooks to done.

  • Don't know how this is a "RageQuit" item, but the Skeleton/Dull Key only works when a certain amount of survivors are dead and a certain amount of Gens are done. Sometimes you won't even get a chance to use it since it's a "Just In Case" item and the gens get done so quick anyways. 
  • Its a negative BP investment as long as just one gets to use it so i honestly don't care or even buy the keys of the bloodweb.
    I'm not against the key but

    open hatch: +2000

    escape through hatch: +2000

    survive: +5000

    9000 - 7000 = 2000

    you get more bloodpoints if you escape with it, not even counting all the other points you get during the trial
  • @artist said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

    Its a negative BP investment as long as just one gets to use it so i honestly don't care or even buy the keys of the bloodweb.

    I'm not against the key but

    open hatch: +2000

    escape through hatch: +2000

    survive: +5000

    9000 - 7000 = 2000

    you get more bloodpoints if you escape with it, not even counting all the other points you get during the trial

    Yes, paltry bloodpoint gain for using it - and you risk losing the add-on that protects it (assuming you took one) along those escape points if you happen to not survive to the point it becomes useful.

  • darktrix said:

    @artist said:
    ChesterTheMolester said:

    Its a negative BP investment as long as just one gets to use it so i honestly don't care or even buy the keys of the bloodweb.

    I'm not against the key but

    open hatch: +2000

    escape through hatch: +2000

    survive: +5000

    9000 - 7000 = 2000

    you get more bloodpoints if you escape with it, not even counting all the other points you get during the trial

    Yes, paltry bloodpoint gain for using it - and you risk losing the add-on that protects it (assuming you took one) along those escape points if you happen to not survive to the point it becomes useful.

    yeah I just wanted to be petty 
  • sniff broken key is a great item sniff im fine look i have a keychain sniff that drains its power everytime the killer comes near sniff B-B-best i-i-t-t-item sniff