NERFS AND BUFFS: The complete list of Killers and Surv reworks since the launch of DbD
I had some time and I did this thing that I wanted to do since long time.
Very quickly: I went through ALL THE PATCHNOTES since the launch of DbD.
I assigned a +1 to the buffs and a -1 to the nerfs that for both Killers and Survivors.
Here you can find the complete table of the things I took into consideration with the date of the corresponding patch - so if you don't trust me you can double check.
----> TABLE ----> https://image.ibb.co/jksWLA/table.jpg
Then I just summed the plus1 and the minus1 to see what happened, and the trend of the graph is pretty obvious.
----> CHART ----> https://image.ibb.co/fT2LDV/GRAPH.jpg
I leave to you guys any comment and consideration.
Comments
true
Closer results indeed, but still wrong as long as your base data is the number of buffs. Even with quarters and double buffs, your appreciation of those values will end up being based on your personal opinion (wich I personally agree with but that isn't the point). I mean, we can't go around and give each patch a grade based on our personal experience with the game ... See how you liked SITS and how Peasant doesn't ... your rate for a modification on this perk would be different I suppose.
There it is, we cannot use patch information as a data to understand the game balance ... unless we include to these information their objective effect to the game. What I mean by effect to the game is "numberr of escaped survivors", "number of disconnection", "number of survivors being hit".
Even if you had access to developers metrics, it would be impossible. This is why games release patches and balance changes. Things change once thousands of people and countless situation s arise in a game.
I am not sure if this graph was supposed to be serious, but if so....I have no idea where to begin to illustrate how ridiculous it is.