Breakable walls serve no genuine purpose in DBD
I genuinely have no clue what they contribute to the game other than frustration. They've been in since Slinger came out and nothing has actually been done with them to make them interactable beyond destruction. Why are they still in the game?
Comments
I don’t even hate the idea of breakable walls, they’re just implemented poorly for the most part.
A lot of them are just next to god windows and have to be broken - all it does is exist until a survivor goes there, and then the killer has to break it. It’s not interesting.
Also, breakable walls which are better left alone/are bad for the killer to break should never exist in any capacity; they’re just a trap for newer players who don’t understand the maps.
They waste the Killer's time, that their perfect, not annoying purpose
Breakable Walls ---> Investing some time the killer can make certain loops weaker, but he should pay attention about what he is doing or he can obtain the opposite effect.
I'd argue some breakable walls in DBD show that the mechanic does have promise- I've always liked the ones in Gideon's that can be either broken for easier access to a gen, or left intact to force a bottleneck if you're the kind of killer who really relies on forcing survivors to move in a specific way.
There are a few on Coldwind and Autohaven that... almost meet this criteria, but not quite, it's still just better to break them. They aren't fundamentally terrible, most just aren't really implemented well.
I've always thought a better idea (in place of breakable walls) would be to implement doors that can be opened by Survivors and shut by Killers. Survivors opening the doors (5 seconds, maybe) would open better loops or faster routes, and the Killer shutting them (fast action, maybe 2 seconds or less) would make those same loops more dangerous until a Survivor opens the door again.
I dunno, just a thought! I hate current breakable walls everywhere except the Game. I mean, c'mon, you literally have to spend the start of the match prepping Midwich and the Saloon...
Actually... it's the opposite. If you break a wall, it means a new chance for the survivor to chain loops.
In principle Breakable Walls are best when breaking them isn’t necessary to beat a loop, but doing so does weaken the loop and make it faster and easier to beat. Those walls are optional but still beneficial to break, so the killer doesn’t feel like it’s mandatory to do but does feel like they gained something out of taking the time to do it.
The worst walls are the ones that either
Yes basically is a good palled that strarts already thrown
There's only 2 types:
But how else will devs add infinites and god loops in for their precious survivors without breakable walls?
They exist as a time waster and occasionally 'fix' God loops