Dead Hard is Unfair and Unfun, But Not OP
While I understand people saying that Dead Hard is unfair and at times unfun to play against, it is not overpowered, though it's a bit close to it.
Dead Hard has a few annoying mechanics that at times can create binary decisions for Killers, or put Killers in lose/lose situations. Dead Hard for distance at certain loops can make it completely useless, forcing those Killers to vault a god window to continue chase. If the loop is small enough, the survivor will hit validate, and they’ll be away anyways.
Dead Hard's hook defense is equally as annoying and oppressive as BT's as well, allowing survivors to either make distance right after an unhook or else hit validate and waste time; otherwise, both the unhooker and unhookie would have been hit.
Hit validation on survivors with survivors can also feel frustrating at times, though much of this is due to the seemingly large hitbox the validation has. Sometimes it feels like it just completely shuts down Killer powers like Victor or Nemesis' tentacle. It feels like the survivor is just getting free health states if they have Dead Hard
Here are some of my suggestions to scale back on some of these frustrating mechanics to make the perk a bit more healthy, while retaining as much of its strength as possible.
- Dead Hard distance is halved
- It is impossible to vault or throw a pallet for 3 seconds after Dead Harding, forcing the survivor to be more skillful when using it
- Remove the ability to Dead Hard into the killer to abuse invincibility by taking away the I-frames.
yeah i can tell i’m going to be yelled at
Comments
This perk needs to be looked at for the health of the game. I'd say at least 3/4 of the survivors that I go against use it and it's insanely powerful at loops causing chases to go on for double the amount of time it should have.
It's all of those. Going on a long chase with a survivor and then the chase goes on because they pressed a button is not fun. It's not fair because there's no baiting it out as you know. And it's OP because it gives i-frames. You can throw a hatchet perfectly at the survivor, perfectly taking into account the distance they'd gain from Dead Hard and the timing and everything, and you'll still whiff it because i-frames.
here we go again
Considerering the fact that you can Dead Hard through killers when they are in an animation, I wouldn't say that DH isn't OP.
Nah I'd say it's just straight up OP honestly. If they took the I frames out I'd think it'd be a lot more in line with the rest of the exhaustion perks, except maybe spirit burst and the new hold W perk that I can't remember the name of, but oh well bhvr seems happy with where they are so unless the perks get randomly picked on their wheel of ######### to change they'll probably never do anything about them.
It is op and all the data and metrics around it prove it.
Its op, and theres no denying it.
Dead hard is literally a third health state, and it is going to be that way every single time because being exhausted on the floor is basically impossible anymore. It will, unless used absolutely terribly (which is really hard to screw up) force the killer to do something that extends chase for way too much time. Dead hard has never been balanced, for either side and at this point it would be easier to just rework it into something else instead of Changing it and making even more annoying.
By saying it's not OP is an understament cause it is
If 4 Survivors use it then the game goes on to 4E cause to much time passes to get a down
Isint this only for vaulting tho?
This copypasta format is hilarious.
The new exhaustion is Overcome. I'm sorry if I didn't understand what you were writting, but are you saying Sprint Burst is as much OP as DH?
I started to use (and enjoy) SB because I though it was a good perk but not as unfair as DH...
No, you can Dead Hard through any killer animation. Weapon cooldown, picking up survivors, etc.
I'd say that they use to be about equal with the slight edge going to sprint burst if the person knew what they were doing and how to 99 it correctly and at the right time. With hit validation though DH beats it fairly soundly imo.
Edit: oh also Overcome is just sprint burst on training wheels but gets hard countered by one shot abilities and requires you to be full health to use it, but CoH more then makes up for that downside
Can you show me the data? Didnt know there was an official stat just on the perk.
For me DH is about who the killer you facing.