Why don't we have the option to see the Killer's ping?

If the killer's got mcdonalds wifi, I don't wanna be hit from 6 feet away, I wanna be able to opt out before I get into the game.

Comments

  • I don't remember, I think I never pay attention to it, but do Killers see the ping of Survivors before entering the match? I'm not saying you're wrong, to the contrary. We should be able to see everyone's ping, no matter the side we play.

    (But I truly don't remember if as a Killer we can see it in the lobby.)

  • @TheMadCat said:

    I don't remember, I think I never pay attention to it, but do Killers see the ping of Survivors before entering the match? I'm not saying you're wrong, to the contrary. We should be able to see everyone's ping, no matter the side we play.

    (But I truly don't remember if as a Killer we can see it in the lobby.)

    Even Killer's themselves can't see their own ping. I think it's something that needs to added so everyone can see. And yes, killer's can see survivor's ping

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2711942#Comment_2711942

    Even Killer's themselves can't see their own ping. I think it's something that needs to added so everyone can see. And yes, killer's can see survivor's ping

    I need to pay more attention when I play Killer. I'm always looking for an offering while in the lobby. But true, we don't even see our own ping. But the ping I see as a Survivor in the lobby is never the same as the one I can see in game. I always have 30ish ms in the lobby and 40-70 ms in game.

  • Honestly, I'm not sure why we have the option to see anyone's ping.

  • @StarLost said:

    Honestly, I'm not sure why we have the option to see anyone's ping.

    You don't have the option because the game isn't running peer 2 peer. It's running dedicated servers so any ping you would see would be your own in relation to the nearest data center you can connect through. If you're on pc and look in the lower right hand side of the screen you can see a ping bar that will give you a rough estimate of what to expect connection wise. If it is yellow then its probably going to be not a great experience, if its red its definitely not going to be a good time.

  • @StarLost said:

    Honestly, I'm not sure why we have the option to see anyone's ping.

    You never had a lobby as a Survivor with a red ping? Once, I ignored it, and I had a Feng Min who was so laggy that I was wondering how she was able to play. She literally was teleporting and it took her a long time to unhook me. We were both stuck in the animation (or I was at least) and when I finally was unhooked, she was gone.

    Since, I pay attention to the ping. If it's not green, I dodge.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712007#Comment_2712007

    You don't have the option because the game isn't running peer 2 peer. It's running dedicated servers so any ping you would see would be your own in relation to the nearest data center you can connect through. If you're on pc and look in the lower right hand side of the screen you can see a ping bar that will give you a rough estimate of what to expect connection wise. If it is yellow then its probably going to be not a great experience, if its red its definitely not going to be a good time.

    The Killer can see the Survivors Ping ingame. But not vice-versa.

    Also, seeing your own Ping as Survivor does not really matter. Sure, if the Bar is yellow or red, you should get out of the Lobby, but if you have a solid Ping of 30, you can still get really stupid Hits if the Killer has a high Ping. Because you cannot see the Killers Ping, they might live far away from the Survivor and have a Ping over 100 or something like that. And this is the important number, which cannot be seen by the Survivor.

    And there is no reason why this is hidden.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2712015#Comment_2712015

    The Killer can see the Survivors Ping ingame. But not vice-versa.

    Also, seeing your own Ping as Survivor does not really matter. Sure, if the Bar is yellow or red, you should get out of the Lobby, but if you have a solid Ping of 30, you can still get really stupid Hits if the Killer has a high Ping. Because you cannot see the Killers Ping, they might live far away from the Survivor and have a Ping over 100 or something like that. And this is the important number, which cannot be seen by the Survivor.

    And there is no reason why this is hidden.

    At that point would seeing it really matter when? Also if you're getting that is because the server is trying to decide what makes the most sense out of what information it receives first. Also, killer basic attacks are deceptive by default as the hitbox for a hit cone-shaped if I remember correctly and survivors have a capsule shaped hurtbox that is actually wider than the character model itself.

  • Not sure, because it impacts the gameplay by a tremendous margin. I'm being much more conservative at pallets against a console killer at 100 ping than a PC killer on 40 ping. I shouldn't have to extrapolate the killer ping through trial and error during the match.

  • Survivors: Killer's don't need to see a SWF of they would dodge! It does not give THAT MUCH of an advantage!

    Also Survivors: I should be able to see a Killer's ping, so I can dodge. It gives too much of an advantage!

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Survivors: Killer's don't need to see a SWF of they would dodge! It does not give THAT MUCH of an advantage!

    Also Survivors: I should be able to see a Killer's ping, so I can dodge. It gives too much of an advantage!

    name checks out

  • Anything is possible in a community that thinks going against people their skill level is a punishment.