Would this fix Dead Hard?

Removing invincibility from the perk entirely.

I think it would slighty increase skill requirements to use the perk right and remove moments where survivors do stupid things and don't get punished for them because they used DH.

Just my thoughts tho.

Comments

  • You question is "Would this nerf Dead Hard?"... Not "fix".

    And the answer would be "Yes, it would nerf Dead Hard".

    And I dont think that this is what the players want. Because most players complained about DH for distance, which would be the only purpose of this Perk if you would remove the I-Frames.

  • This would make Dead Harding for distance even more prevalent

  • You're right that it would increase the amount of skill required to use the perk, but I wouldn't support it myself for one reason- that would just encourage people to use DH for distance even more, since that doesn't require invincibility and is already a lot safer than using it to dodge a hit. Generally speaking, you want survivors to be using it to dodge a hit- that's the counterable use, that's the use that requires skill (albeit not that much), that's the use that only sometimes actually gives all that much value.

    What I'd propose instead is having a cooldown of somewhere around six seconds after using Dead Hard where you can't interact with pallets or vault locations, so survivors can't Dead Hard for distance quite as easily.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You question is "Would this nerf Dead Hard?"... Not "fix".

    And the answer would be "Yes, it would nerf Dead Hard".

    And I dont think that this is what the players want. Because most players complained about DH for distance, which would be the only purpose of this Perk if you would remove the I-Frames.

    This was true a while ago, but recently I have seen more complaints about the i-frames.

  • @jesterkind said:

    You're right that it would increase the amount of skill required to use the perk, but I wouldn't support it myself for one reason- that would just encourage people to use DH for distance even more, since that doesn't require invincibility and is already a lot safer than using it to dodge a hit. Generally speaking, you want survivors to be using it to dodge a hit- that's the counterable use, that's the use that requires skill (albeit not that much), that's the use that only sometimes actually gives all that much value.

    What I'd propose instead is having a cooldown of somewhere around six seconds after using Dead Hard where you can't interact with pallets or vault locations, so survivors can't Dead Hard for distance quite as easily.

    Six seconds is too much, they would go down for sure. One second would be enough to screw up 95% of all DHs to windows and pallets of history.

  • Just add already a mode without perks. W.t.f