Camping
Question for all you killer mains. Or people who play killer. Why do you think it’s a good idea to camp in any sort of form in a and while a survivor is hooked. It doesn’t make sense to me. Does that mean you guys are trash and have to ensure your kills? Cause I personally think there is no point in camping. Especially when it’s the beginning of a game and no one has done anything. I understand when you get gen rushed and frustrated. But other than that, there’s no point. I play both survivor and killer. And I only play with one friend really so it’s not like I’m playing with a whole group of my friends. And my games are generally split in half when it comes to survivor games. Like i get camping killers majority a lot more than normal. And it bugs me a lot. Because there’s no penalty for it. That’s why people do it over and over again. I say something should at least be done about it. And don’t be like ‘get good at the game’ I’m trying to have fun with a friend or two really. Not have it be like overwatch.
Comments
Im on Xbox and get very few
Other than unhooking, what else do you want them doing?
That's exactly what the killer does.
And no, he isn't trash because he camps you. Since he caught you in the first place.
Survivors literally throw themselves at the hook due to being over-altruistic. Campers get rewarded for camping most of the time as survivors lack the initiative to do generators instead.
Very good answer.
Survivor just try to use peer pressure through the forums to make new player believe camping is for "trash killer".
Most of the time -like 98% of the time- I am actually totally right to do so, because the others will come, no matter what.
I see them sharking around the hooked victim waiting to get a chance or I just don't take their bad executed bait to drag me away from the hook and at least 2 survivor are busy trying to get the unhook, so why should I try to look for the one that is not and sits somewhere across the map?
Situation was the following: 1 hooked, 1 downed next to the hook (tried unsafe unhook), the streamer and the other survivor both sitting in the high grass close to the hook. Waiting for the killer to leave.
He failed to realize that he's as much a camper as the killer was.
It is a good idea beacuse survivors never use their brain when playing.
Camping actually results in an insta loss if the survivor show the slightest sign of intelligence, the killer would go out of the match with a depip and below 10k points.
And btw, camping is even explicitly punished by the emblem system now
To answer your question yeas killers camp but its for a different reason than you might think. first off its not to secure a kill its more for map presence and pressure against most teams the overly altruistic survivors cant stand to let their buddy die this results in many more survivors nearby you can catch. yes occasionally you will find a no fun camper who will watch you until you die and that sucks fortunately they are rare to encounter and counter able ie borrowed time. also their is usually a good reason killers dont leave the hook one is as douchey as it sounds but is necessary in the long run to keep survivors scared and vulnerable. if a survivor doesn't make it to phase two before rescued it really will screw you over as they still can survive next hook therefore they dont need to worry and will take risks that often succeed. also when hooked BBQ and chili may not reveal an aura which gives you a bit of a reason to stick around and yes i know generators can hide auras but still better safe then sorry. camping isn't fun for those who are caught and n all honesty it isn't fun for the killer but it is a necessary game mechanic in many cases so the best you can do is load up with borrowed time and grit your teeth. sorry if this wasn't the answer you wanted to hear but coming from a killer main its definitely the truth and I am sure many would agree just dont forget a survivor isn't entitled to escape just as a killer isn't entitled to a 4k it is not as easy as you think so just remember next time you encounter a camper just grit your teeth and say gg but please dont be toxic little insults like that do hurt those in the fogs embrace.In the event that I have to hook a survivor directly in front of the exit, why should I leave?
In the event that as I'm hooking a survivor I see another crouched nearby, why should I leave?
The killer has two "objectives": Delay generator repairs and kill survivors. You want a chill game with a friend and not have the game be like Overwatch? I'm sorry, but that's just not possible. Dead by Daylight has objectives for both sides to complete. This means that there will always be the presence of competition. Granted, not every killer will be overly competitive and not ever killer will use the camping strategy. However, you have no business telling other players what strategies they can and cannot use. Camping is a viable strategy and a permitted strategy. If you still want to whine about camping on PS4, take it up with Sony: https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/08/10/survive-ps-plus-headliner-dead-by-daylight-as-hunter-or-hunted-with-these-top-tips/
I was going to say this exact thing. If survivors stopped being complete idiots and literally coming to me one after the other I would never camp. The rounds I camp I do so because the survivors have made it the easiest strategy to win.
If a killer camps the first hook and gets a 3k or 4k that is 100000% the survivors' fault and makes that entire survivor group trash.
Why is it a good idea depending on the circumstances?
If they are altruistic Survivors, it's basically a free win. Why should I go search for Survivors if I know that they'll come to hook anyways? Survivors are usually so fixated on hook rescues, that they often make a whole lot of stupid mistakes in the process, leading to hook grabs and slugs, winning me the game quite easily.
Another camping topic. I don't camp or tunnel I find it boring I'm probably one of the few friendly, fair, fun killers out there. But why does everyone take it so serious do what you have to on the hook and move on to the next game. You might run into someone like me. You can't change the way people play.

Don't get mad at the people using a viable strategy in the game. Cause right now it is viable. And that's the problem. It is on the devs to nerf this strategy so that killers are forced to play fairly or just have very little chance at actually winning the game. Which should be the case considering how little skill camping takes as killer in comparison to playing killer normally.
However do not confuse camping with hook patrolling. The latter is a must if the killer suspects someone near the hook.