When are we getting a SBMM that doesn't favor SWF groups?
One of the big issues with the old ranking system, is that SWF could just boost each other up, carrying even the potatoes on the team to red ranks, who would then screw actually good players because those same SWF shouldn't be there.
Now, since it only matters if you escape, escape rate is much higher when you're in SWF for obvious reasons. Does it demonstrate any kind of skill? Not as much as people who got there by themselves that is for sure.
I'm tired of getting people who camp pallets and still go down in 10 seconds. At this point I'm not even sure if SBMM is on at all since I still get 10 hour players in my lobby, and once you get to low MMR hell, good luck getting out of there by yourself without being in a SWF.
Comments
Most likely never.
Once algorithm cannot find equal mmr, it spreads its wings into (more likely) lower / higher brackets.
Since there is lesser amount of newer players rather then veterans, they are unlucky and being matched with them.
Giving some sort of penalties (mmr rise) to swf, will just prolong the carry time to higher mmrs, and once they decide to go soloQ, you will meet them again.
SBMM should go away, you should be able to see lobby mmr, which at the end might even promote more dodging
I disagree with the thought of there being more veteran than new players, specially now that it was free on Epic.
I genuinely think that MMR is not even on, since queue times on both sides for me are instant (depending on time of the day), and I still get put with newer players.
Though on the killer side, I was queuing as Freddy (which is the one I play the most), dodged the lobby to try The Artist for the first time, and got the exact same team I dodged, instantly. So either it isn't making the difference between killers you're alright at and the ones you don't play, or is genuinely not working at all for both sides.
One of the reasons I changed for crossplay off, was because survivor at night time was borderline unplayable with the team mates I was getting , though killer on crossplay on is much more enjoyable because people are less sweaty.
just as its free, it doesnt mean it has really an waves of new players coming into the game.
I am console and also with xplay on. And honestly, idk why is there this mentality of having worse games.
Ive noticed on both sides equal players. From those who run in straight lines, to those who knows optimal ways of each tile and 360ing.
But regarding current sbmm, i am more convinced that algorithm is pretty much bugged. sometimes works other doesnt.
What does a SWF change if your friends are still bad players like the randoms youve got? Right, it doesnt change a thing. People always keep yelling SWF is OP, but its not, cause those are basically the same players like in solo que. Being in a group doesnt make them better players. I sometimes play SWF with some friends even though i know that theyre not on my level, but i dont care, cause i play this game out of social reasons. Wanna hang around in a game with them. Thats what most SWF are all about. My escape chances in those SWFs arent better then in soloQ.
Even if they're all bad players they still have advantage over soloq.
Sure, you can "hangout" with your friends in the game, even though it's not really a "hangout" game.
If your escape chances are the same in SWF as they are in solo, it seems like it's a you problem. I for one do way better in SWF because I know I can rely on my team.