Custom mode bots?

Have BHVR ever seriously considered adding custom game bots for a solo play experience?

I undertsand the primary focus of this game is the PVP element but I'm curious if this has even really been seriously considered.

Online game experience can be highly variable, often ruined by the bad gamers you're forced to interect with. Its why I enjoy having an option to sometimes switch off from forced interaction in my gaming experience while still getting to play games I enjoy.

Battlefront has this option, F13 had this option, predator hunting grounds has this, albeit a simplified version which is incomplete. I still play these games online but often, especially during weekends or really late at night when the highly childish or highly competitive crowd come out, its a game experience I don't really enjoy.

Having the option to avoid this forced online interaction while still enjoying a game I want to play is a big draw for me. Its why I waited so long to buy DBD in the first place no solo play option, I bit the bullet eventually and for the most part its fun but the sheer amount of negative online interaction is very tiresome.

I realise there are tools in place to reduce this negativity and I usually don't have the chat window open and my profile is private because you get a unaturally large amount of hatemail from other players of this game. I'm still forced to interact with these people in game though and frankly I'd often rather not.

With this in mind I'm curious if there will ever be custom bots, or offline mode and am looking for a serious answer from BHVR.

Comments

  • For reference the mobile version of DbD does let you play custom matches with bots. And it works reasonably well! The bots aren’t as good as human players but they do gens and vault at loops, etc, so they’re ok if you’re looking to practice and learn the game a bit or just want to explore the maps. Also if someone disconnects from a Mobile match a bot replaces them, so at least the team isn’t totally down a player.

    That said the mobile development team is apparently totally separate from the main PC and Console game’s team, so they’ve made no indication they plan to develop a similar bot system for those. I’d love to see them bring bots over personally, but I’m not expecting it.

  • There should be a bot match option where you can practise killers and maps.

  • I know there are bots on mobile but I can't really play this on mobile. My destroyed thumb tendons don't really permit me. Look after your hands people or one day you won't be able to tie your shoelaces or do buttons without considerable pain.

    If they can do it for mobile though I can be done for other platforms and I'm waiting for that to happen. This game will get a 5 star rating from me when they do.