Congrats devs

You have officially made this game unbearable to play with the addition of mmr to matchmaking. It is so unfun to play killer at any rank because as soon as you have one good game you might as well never play killer again because your life will be miserable. I guess the game is really only balanced around survivor gameplay because if you spent 5 minutes playing killer you would realize that the game is so unbalanced for killers. I guess you guys just don't care to attempt to make the game balanced at all and just want survivors to have fun. Since mmr was added i get one game that i have fun playing to every 50 because 1 4k games i guess in mmr translates to you had your fun now just be miserable for the next 20 hours. Maybe to add a little balance to the game you could give the killer of 2 or 3 perks that survivors can;t use for that game because its gets really frustrating at endgame seeing every survivor have iron will, ds, deadhard or sprint burst and borrowed time. The game has never been in a worse state than what it is now. I sincerely hope you are happy with ruining your game

Comments

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705828#Comment_2705828

    They're literally just survivors not doing gens with the weakest exhaustion perk.

    Well yeah, they're not doing gens. So what are they actually doing? There has to be some sort of word to describe when you're not playing to win, but are instead playing to do something to the other side whilst also denying them any victory, exciting chase, or use of their powers.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705830#Comment_2705830

    Well yeah, they're not doing gens. So what are they actually doing? There has to be some sort of word to describe when you're not playing to win, but are instead playing to do something to the other side whilst also denying them any victory, exciting chase, or use of their powers.

    How are they denying you the "victory"?

    So if someone is denying chase etc, they're a bully. So the "valid" camping "strat" is also bullying? Or is it just bullying when the survivors do it?

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705826#Comment_2705826

    Where in my comments did I say killers are OP tho? I don't believe anything is "OP" in the game, besides some perks who need adjustments and some maps.

    I find it funny that a week ago there was a thread where everyone was saying we shouldnt balance the game around streamers because Otz said playing killer wasn't as bad as everyone says, but now people agree with him again. Curious.

    Can you quote me on that?

    Anyway, its just like Spirit vs Iron Will + Shadow Step. One was considered OP and totally unfair, while the other one is considered fine. But both are effectively the same thing.

    Or NOED and Adrenaline. One is considered a cheap perk, that gives free kills, while the other one is considered absolutely fine.

    Or Undying and Boons...

    Undying.JPG
  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705812#Comment_2705812

    Game needs to be balanced around hooks, not kills. Someone who got 2 hooks but killed those 2 survivors with it, looks balanced on the stats, when the game wasn´t balanced at all.

    Never said kill streaks are a sign of being balanced. But people take things from over a year ago, when they claim that killers are currently OP. The end of kill streaks just proves this. Oh and since you ask, some of those streamers are doing escape streaks. Even after the sbmmr started. Balanced, huh?

    Yeah, we haven´t gotten any official stats in 2 years. Thats why i said: "Of course, my perception of the game might greatly vary from everyone elses. But, for example. When Otz played survivor. His escape rate was also drastically higher than what most people claim."

    100% agree. Why hasn't it been hook balanced instead of kill balanced? This makes so much sense!!

  • @Marigoria said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705832#Comment_2705832

    How are they denying you the "victory"?

    So if someone is denying chase etc, they're a bully. So the "valid" camping "strat" is also bullying? Or is it just bullying when the survivors do it?

    I'm talking about when Survivors clearly have the upper hand and could just win the game right out, if the team sat down on the gens and left. But they're not doing gens. They're also not running from the killer, just hopping into the first locker they can see so a buddy can get a flashlight save. But they're not throwing either, because all their actions are still taken to avoid being hooked, with all that coordination.

    What are they doing, then? They're not trying to win, but they're not letting themselves lose, either. They're doing something, so what is it?

  • The Devs and us players do need to shake up the "meta" for better (or worse)

    For example:

    Why do Killers use Corrupt- Cause Maps are an issue

    Why do Killers use Ruin- Cause Gens can be done fast

    Why do Killers use Pop- Cause Ruin doesn't last that long and Gens can be done fast

    Why do Killers use Undying- Cause Ruin doesn't last that long

    Why do Killers use BBQ and Chilli- Cause Aura reading is good (and cause BP is hard to get)

    Why do Survivors use Borrowed Time- Cause Killers come back to the hook

    Why do Survivors use Dead Hard- Cause avoiding a hit is good

    Why do Survivors use Iron Will- Cause sound is useful

    Why do Survivors use Decisive Strike- Cause Killers can and will Tunnel (not saying that all Killers do)

    Why do Survivors use We're Gonna Live Forever- Cause BP is hard to get

    Why do Survivors use Boon: Circle of Healing- Cause it's free heals for the team (and forces the Killer to pay attention to it)

    SBMMR reinforces the "sweaty" games we all face... and also proves that this game needs a real ranked/ unranked mode

  • @Daldal said:

    entitled killer main crying when the number of camping/tunneling increased drastically for toxic reasons like "oh he brought a flashlight! he's toxic, imma tunnel him". How about you all stop victimizing yourself for once.

    This forum is riddled with crybaby killers.

    Look in the mirror.

    The game is getting horrible to play at good ranks and the boons removed entire playstyles. while the map updates made them more survivor sided in many cases.

  • You know what usually comes with an MMR system ?


    Balance and changes on a regular basis.


    That will never happen kekw.


  • I'm an Old and I have a job and a mortgage, so I've only ever played this game casually. I was optimistic about the SBMM when they were hyping it up. After implementation? Good God. The game hasn't been as fun. As others have said, it's made most games sweaty. Idk if it's due to the change in the matchmaking, but under the old Rank system, I got a lot more Killers who would goof around sometimes. Or give the last survivor the hatch/the door. I'm not saying this is required of course, but it was nice sometimes to have a bit of comraderie as two people playing the same game. Now? I've had a lot of incidents where the Killers will carry me to the hatch, pretend to give it to me and slam it in my face. Same with the door. They encourage you to open it, only to grab you and hook you. I'm not someone who has bad manners when I play (I just play normally. I don't *click click* or T-bag or anything) so I find that just childish, and now I don't even bother trying to goof around with Killers anymore. I miss it.

    As others have said, the camping/tunneling at 4-5 gens has increased a lot. I go into a match expecting a camping Killer now, and it just results in crap Bloodpoints for everyone.

    At least under the old Rank system you had something to try for. It was kind of fun to challenge myself to reach Rank 1. And the Rank reset wasn't as defeating as the new Grade reset. I don't even try to get to Iridescent Rank now. What's the point? I'll just go back to zero in a few weeks anyways and have to start all over again. I just hate it.

    Then I learned the SBMM is based around escapes which does nothing but encourage selfish game play. So if I'm not selfish, and risk myself to save a team mate, next match I'll be stuck with utter potatoes.


    Ugh.

  • @bakedtater96 said:

    You have officially made this game unbearable to play with the addition of mmr to matchmaking. It is so unfun to play killer at any rank because as soon as you have one good game you might as well never play killer again because your life will be miserable. I guess the game is really only balanced around survivor gameplay because if you spent 5 minutes playing killer you would realize that the game is so unbalanced for killers. I guess you guys just don't care to attempt to make the game balanced at all and just want survivors to have fun. Since mmr was added i get one game that i have fun playing to every 50 because 1 4k games i guess in mmr translates to you had your fun now just be miserable for the next 20 hours. Maybe to add a little balance to the game you could give the killer of 2 or 3 perks that survivors can;t use for that game because its gets really frustrating at endgame seeing every survivor have iron will, ds, deadhard or sprint burst and borrowed time. The game has never been in a worse state than what it is now. I sincerely hope you are happy with ruining your game

    TRUE

1 2 ›