Unfortunately since Mikaela now exists my ideas for a Clairvoyance perk are now gone and also wasted, but Kyoya Suda is still my most wanted Licensed character (since I already got Steve and Bill), the map would be terrifying, and even though I can't think of one I'm certain a killer would be great.
This isn't underrated and it never gets brought up cause not a lot of people know what they are and they won't ever get in but I would like Reflux The Knarren
and if not him well than maybe just a normal Knarren would be fine
Talos 1 lobby could be a very good map, Morgan Yu would make for a cool survivor with a lot of possibility for unique perks, and the only downside is that they'd need to stretch to have a killer.
I think My Bloody Valentine is a fairly underrated film that doesn't really get too much attention in the DBD community (although it does pop up mentioned in threads like this one here and there). About a crazed Miner who goes on a killing spree in the sleepy mining town of Valentine Bluffs on Valentine's Day
It's a really interesting and neat little film if you've never heard of it- and rode the wave of the popularity of slashers in the 70s and early 80s so it's definitely checks all those boxes of that period in time. As far as DBD goes, I think the Miner would be a great rep. for the Holiday Horror genre, since we don't have too many of those as of right now, only Michael Myers who is attached to Halloween.
That or the killer from the Black Christmas (reboot) also would be a good choice for Holiday Horror representatives, but My Bloody Valentine is definitely lesser known than Black Christmas which is why I had to mention it first.
There are two that I can think of off the top of my head right now. One is the White Spikes from The Tomorrow War and the Death Angles from A Quiet Place.
Clocktower, for sure. When he's not being watched, let Sissorman teleport to spots around the map. Pop out of lockers or chests, teleport behind and smash through breakable walls, appear vaulting through windows, or rising up to smash through pre-dropped pallets. And replace his heartbeat with the scissors snipping and snapping
Survivors: Sam and Dean Winchester. Perks might include something like Angel Blade which lets the survivor do a risky sneak attack on a killer to stun them.
Killer: The Demon. Might have power to briefly Possess survivors to make them do detrimental things
I'm so up for The Conjuring (please let the killer be the Crooked Man), Death Note, and The Shining, but Clock Tower holds a very special place in horror history as the first major entry in the Survival Horror genre, even before Resident Evil. Having that in the game would truly be a love letter to the origins of horror games.
To be an ancient vampire who can grab survivors with a tentacle which can suck their blood and infect them with worms at the same time seems like interesting gameplay to me. We need any kind of vampire in this game.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
A fallout chapter with a deathclaw being the killer would be cool.
Unfortunately since Mikaela now exists my ideas for a Clairvoyance perk are now gone and also wasted, but Kyoya Suda is still my most wanted Licensed character (since I already got Steve and Bill), the map would be terrifying, and even though I can't think of one I'm certain a killer would be great.
This isn't underrated and it never gets brought up cause not a lot of people know what they are and they won't ever get in but I would like Reflux The Knarren
and if not him well than maybe just a normal Knarren would be fine
But...
I would like to see Manhunt have it's own chapter too.
PREY
Talos 1 lobby could be a very good map, Morgan Yu would make for a cool survivor with a lot of possibility for unique perks, and the only downside is that they'd need to stretch to have a killer.
Hellblazer. I want a licensed paragraph with John Constantine so goddamn bad.
But only the Hellblazer version, I don't think the more modern versions would fit as well.
White Spike from Tomorrow War.
I think My Bloody Valentine is a fairly underrated film that doesn't really get too much attention in the DBD community (although it does pop up mentioned in threads like this one here and there). About a crazed Miner who goes on a killing spree in the sleepy mining town of Valentine Bluffs on Valentine's Day
It's a really interesting and neat little film if you've never heard of it- and rode the wave of the popularity of slashers in the 70s and early 80s so it's definitely checks all those boxes of that period in time. As far as DBD goes, I think the Miner would be a great rep. for the Holiday Horror genre, since we don't have too many of those as of right now, only Michael Myers who is attached to Halloween.
That or the killer from the Black Christmas (reboot) also would be a good choice for Holiday Horror representatives, but My Bloody Valentine is definitely lesser known than Black Christmas which is why I had to mention it first.
The Witch's House
There are two that I can think of off the top of my head right now. One is the White Spikes from The Tomorrow War and the Death Angles from A Quiet Place.
I guess the following count as underrated as far as DbD requested chapters go:
I Know What You Did Last Summer
The Blair Witch Project
Hannibal (probably book or tv show version)
Little Nightmares
Dont Starve (Together)
Clocktower, for sure. When he's not being watched, let Sissorman teleport to spots around the map. Pop out of lockers or chests, teleport behind and smash through breakable walls, appear vaulting through windows, or rising up to smash through pre-dropped pallets. And replace his heartbeat with the scissors snipping and snapping
I’d love to see a Supernatural chapter.
I'm so up for The Conjuring (please let the killer be the Crooked Man), Death Note, and The Shining, but Clock Tower holds a very special place in horror history as the first major entry in the Survival Horror genre, even before Resident Evil. Having that in the game would truly be a love letter to the origins of horror games.
To many to think of, but amongst them the following lesser-mentioned chapters would be especially interesting to me:
• The Magnus Archives (podcast)
• Terminator 2 (movie)
• Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road dlc (video game)
• Cell (book by Stephen King)
• X-Files (tv show)
• Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (video game)
Also, in terms of paragraphs:
• Medusa - killer (mythology)
• Lara Croft - survivor (video game)
• Egon Spengler - survivor (film)
• Cartoon Cat - killer (artwork by Trevor Henderson)
• Dr Sam Beckett - survivor (tv show)
• Jackie Estacado - killer (video game)
Alien Isolation, Sevastopol as a map would be super
Five night at freddy's, new killer the animatronic, map fazbear pizzera or fazbear pizzaplex. Survivor Michael afton or harry.
Terrifier was pretty cool
Your Turn to Die: Death Game by Majority Vote.
THE STRAIN (TV Series 2014-2017)
To be an ancient vampire who can grab survivors with a tentacle which can suck their blood and infect them with worms at the same time seems like interesting gameplay to me. We need any kind of vampire in this game.
An SCP chapter would be cool
Another one that I'd like to see is possibly Pumpkinhead, despite how little I think that will happen. :(
A lot of these suggestions rely on IPs that aren't strictly horror faceted, are goofy by trade, or simply mismatch the tone of Dead By Daylight.
Here are some low-ball suggestions for the Devs to consider:
IP -|- Character -|- Killer Title
There are a lot more interesting ideas that can be used for new killers than there's fuel for Licensed ones, but these are good places to start.