Changes and killer idea

Note: these are purely my ideas and I do NOT expect bhvr to think about this at all.

-CHANGES-

dead hard = you have a 1 second delay so you cannot dead hard and immediately vault or drop the pallet. (There isn't much a killer can do unless they're a ranged killer if the survivor dead Hards to a pallet or window.)

hold w meta = the harsh change would just to add a sprint bar but again that's too harsh. I say after running for maybe 10 (or more) seconds the survivor slowly drops to 75% speed. to balance that out bloodlust will be removed from killer (this isn't a good change, yes. but there has to be another change to the w meta because reduced map size won't do a lot towards it.)

killer hitboxes = made a bit smaller because survivors can bear hug a wall or obstacle and can slide off, but the killer can bump into something or get stuck by the littlest stuff (this is a personal change. the hitboxes are fine as it is)

maps = big maps get reworked to be smaller *cough cough Haddonfield*

remove sbmm (half the community hates it)

improve the hit validation (so survivors don't explode into blood)

fix the stretch res issue

-KILLER IDEA-

killer name: the hunter

the hunter is a creature that can climb walls, ceilings, or trees and while doing so gains the undetectable status effect.

while on something he can lunge from place to place or lunge at a survivor.

when the survivor goes underneath him, they will begin to hear low growls depending on where they are under him. if they stay there for long, they will become exposed, and the hunter can lunge onto the survivor downing them instantly.

his passive ability is speed. after maybe 60 seconds he can get on all 4s and crawl/attack at extreme speed. attacking will automatically get him out of this state and it has to recharge again

Comments

  • Is this supposed to be a joke?

  • A killer that could crawl on walls would be interesting

    I have a few things to say about the changes

    The Dead Hard one is pretty good, Id go as far as making it 2.5 seconds of not being able to do any action (like Docs shock).

    That "Hold W Meta Fix" just incentivises more and just kills looping

    Killer hitboxes are fine the way they are, this would just be an unnecessary change

    Some maps absolutely need their size reduced, and honestly I thought they got the hint way back when they reworked a good portion of the maps, but then they released RCPD and Eerie of Crows.

  • None of these are good or even worth reading....

  • @Sakurra said:

    Is this supposed to be a joke?

    let me take a guess on the ones you think is a joke. dead hard, hold w, stretch res, and hit validation changes

  • @Shroompy said:

    A killer that could crawl on walls would be interesting

    I have a few things to say about the changes

    The Dead Hard one is pretty good, Id go as far as making it 2.5 seconds of not being able to do any action (like Docs shock).

    That "Hold W Meta Fix" just incentivises more and just kills looping

    Killer hitboxes are fine the way they are, this would just be an unnecessary change

    Some maps absolutely need their size reduced, and honestly I thought they got the hint way back when they reworked a good portion of the maps, but then they released RCPD and Eerie of Crows.

    the hold w one was just all I can think of. even with maps being smaller I don't see another way to properly fix the meta. my change to it isnt good yes. but it's the simplest one I could think of. The hit box one was just a personal change I would make; it doesn't NEED a change like the other stuff

  • A lot of the issues are due to coding... So to fix all the issues they'd have recode the entire game

    What about perks... Cause they are what the "meta" is

    I do have a few ideas as to changes

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    A lot of the issues are due to coding... So to fix all the issues they'd have recode the entire game

    What about perks... Cause they are what the "meta" is

    I do have a few ideas as to changes

    I would like to hear them. and when I say meta, I mean just the hold w meta. not much a killer can do about it really except keep moving forward (not talking about blight or nurse)

  • @Grimzy said:

    None of these are good or even worth reading....

    let me guess you're the type that thinks dead hard is fine in its current state

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704818#Comment_2704818

    I would like to hear them. and when I say meta, I mean just the hold w meta. not much a killer can do about it really except keep moving forward (not talking about blight or nurse)

    I can't solve the "hold W meta"... I don't know where to begin

    But a few Perk changes are:

    Dying Light- Make the % more for the first hooks (instead of 3% it could be like 6% for the first three hooks on the non Obsession Survivors)

    Brutal Strength- Make it 50% speed increase and give Hindered to Survivors within 3-5m of a Pallet or Wall being broke for like 5-10 seconds (LOS counts as well so no Hindered on Survivors whom break LOS of the Pallet) and Killers get a Speed boost for 5 seconds

    Overwhelming Presence- Add in a "failure" feature to Items being used in TR (where a Survivors is trying to use an Item but it just won't work) and also make it last for 5 seconds after leaving TR

    Hangman's Trick- Make the hooks take longer to Sabotage and quicker to reset on top of Aura Reading

    Scourge Hook- (Both perks which is why I didn't specify) Basement Hooks count as Scourge Hooks so now there are 8 Scourge Hooks

    Predator- Gives directional Scratch Marks and makes the Scratch Marks last longer

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby- Keeps the Regression for missing the Skillcheck even after it's destroyed (or for the next 30-60 seconds)

    Hex: Pentimento- Allows the Killer to destroy Totems

    Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt- Get rid of the bonus BP and bring back the Notification of Totems being touched

    Gearhead- Make it on all Skillchecks

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704892#Comment_2704892

    I can't solve the "hold W meta"... I don't know where to begin

    But a few Perk changes are:

    Dying Light- Make the % more for the first hooks (instead of 3% it could be like 6% for the first three hooks on the non Obsession Survivors)

    Brutal Strength- Make it 50% speed increase and give Hindered to Survivors within 3-5m of a Pallet or Wall being broke for like 5-10 seconds (LOS counts as well so no Hindered on Survivors whom break LOS of the Pallet) and Killers get a Speed boost for 5 seconds

    Overwhelming Presence- Add in a "failure" feature to Items being used in TR (where a Survivors is trying to use an Item but it just won't work) and also make it last for 5 seconds after leaving TR

    Hangman's Trick- Make the hooks take longer to Sabotage and quicker to reset on top of Aura Reading

    Scourge Hook- (Both perks which is why I didn't specify) Basement Hooks count as Scourge Hooks so now there are 8 Scourge Hooks

    Predator- Gives directional Scratch Marks and makes the Scratch Marks last longer

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby- Keeps the Regression for missing the Skillcheck even after it's destroyed (or for the next 30-60 seconds)

    Hex: Pentimento- Allows the Killer to destroy Totems

    Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt- Get rid of the bonus BP and bring back the Notification of Totems being touched

    Gearhead- Make it on all Skillchecks

    I believe brutal strength has been 50% before. I remember seeing a higher % on it before it got nerfed

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705543#Comment_2705543

    I believe brutal strength has been 50% before. I remember seeing a higher % on it before it got nerfed

    I think it should be put back... With pallets and Walls and gens the way that they are

  • @pizzavessel15 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2703482#Comment_2703482

    let me guess you're the type that thinks dead hard is fine in its current state

    Because Dead hard is fine, and there are plenty of ways to get around it and bait it out.

    @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704892#Comment_2704892

    I can't solve the "hold W meta"... I don't know where to begin

    But a few Perk changes are:

    Dying Light- Make the % more for the first hooks (instead of 3% it could be like 6% for the first three hooks on the non Obsession Survivors)

    Brutal Strength- Make it 50% speed increase and give Hindered to Survivors within 3-5m of a Pallet or Wall being broke for like 5-10 seconds (LOS counts as well so no Hindered on Survivors whom break LOS of the Pallet) and Killers get a Speed boost for 5 seconds

    Overwhelming Presence- Add in a "failure" feature to Items being used in TR (where a Survivors is trying to use an Item but it just won't work) and also make it last for 5 seconds after leaving TR

    Hangman's Trick- Make the hooks take longer to Sabotage and quicker to reset on top of Aura Reading

    Scourge Hook- (Both perks which is why I didn't specify) Basement Hooks count as Scourge Hooks so now there are 8 Scourge Hooks

    Predator- Gives directional Scratch Marks and makes the Scratch Marks last longer

    Hex: Huntress Lullaby- Keeps the Regression for missing the Skillcheck even after it's destroyed (or for the next 30-60 seconds)

    Hex: Pentimento- Allows the Killer to destroy Totems

    Hex: Thrill Of The Hunt- Get rid of the bonus BP and bring back the Notification of Totems being touched

    Gearhead- Make it on all Skillchecks

    none of these are suggested by being objective to both killers and survivors.

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704915#Comment_2704915

    Because Dead hard is fine, and there are plenty of ways to get around it and bait it out.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705543#Comment_2705543

    none of these are suggested by being objective to both killers and survivors.

    What do you mean???

  • @Grimzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704915#Comment_2704915

    Because Dead hard is fine, and there are plenty of ways to get around it and bait it out.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705543#Comment_2705543

    none of these are suggested by being objective to both killers and survivors.

    dead hard isn't fine. using dead hard to get to a pallet or window isn't counterable UNLESS you're a ranged killer. your little "bait it out" excuse doesn't work here.

  • @RaSavage42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2705732#Comment_2705732

    I think it should be put back... With pallets and Walls and gens the way that they are

    bhvr loves survivors. they most likely won't add it back because then survivors would complain. that's why I noted I do not expect bhvr to listen or think about these changes. the dead hard specifically is a needed nerf but it won't happen

    • dead hard - honestly now that Dead Hard can literally react to swings to invoke a miss due to hit validation they could probably reduce or eliminate the extra distance is gives and it would still be strong.
    • hold w meta - reducing survivor speed after 10 seconds but then eliminating Bloodlust would basically be a wash. If you actually want the killer to catch up faster then just increase Bloodlust’s speed or reduce the time it takes to upgrade. (Assuming this is even worth doing.)
    • maps - I don’t think the size is as cumbersome as when the map has too many safe pallets and breakable walls that need to be broken to avoid ultra safe loops
    • SBMM - I actually get better matches now overall I think than under the old system, especially compared to after old rank resets
    • fix the stretch res issue - Definitely, I’m a little surprised they can’t lock the aspect ratio of the game.
  • @Grimzy said:

    None of these are good or even worth reading....

    You know what is not worth reading? Your comments in this forum.