We're Gonna Live Forever Tokens

So, I remember when the devs talked about We're Gonna Live Forever tokens and I remember them saying they were going to change it so people weren't being overaltruistic and screwing the team over. That's why they added more ways to gain tokens.

However, personally I believe this goal was not achieved. Why? Well because what was added was more altruism. Personally when thinking of more ways to get tokens I actually went to Barbecue & Chili to find the answer. BBQ rewards the killer for hooking survivors and not tunneling. Which is doing your objective and generally seen as good gameplay. The good gameplay/sportsmanship part is covered with the altruism for We're Gonna Live Forever. So why not add completing a generator on to the list of ways to gain tokens? That way you're rewarded for doing your actual team objective, while also getting rewarded for saving and helping out your teammates. It would cover the same basis that BBQ does for killers of doing your objective and good gameplay, just the survivor version of it.

Comments

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    So, I remember when the devs talked about We're Gonna Live Forever tokens and I remember them saying they were going to change it so people weren't being overaltruistic and screwing the team over. That's why they added more ways to gain tokens.

    However, personally I believe this goal was not achieved. Why? Well because what was added was more altruism. Personally when thinking of more ways to get tokens I actually went to Barbecue & Chili to find the answer. BBQ rewards the killer for hooking survivors and not tunneling. Which is doing your objective and generally seen as good gameplay. The good gameplay/sportsmanship part is covered with the altruism for We're Gonna Live Forever. So why not add completing a generator on to the list of ways to gain tokens? That way you're rewarded for doing your actual team objective, while also getting rewarded for saving and helping out your teammates. It would cover the same basis that BBQ does for killers of doing your objective and good gameplay, just the survivor version of it.

    To gain a we're gonna live forever stack you need to get a safe unhook, so i think it doesn't reward someone who throw the game just to get stacks in that regard (unless we're talking about protection hits). I don't think, either, that gaining stacks by doing gens is thematic with the perk (i wouldn't mind it): i'd rather go for gaining stacks if you heal a health state of a teammate (downed or injured).

  • I think you should get a token when picking someone up from the dying state. Would fit considering it has the 100% healing speed bonus on slugs.