Is chase start broken?
I've noticed when I'm chasing a survivor, they'll run around a t wall or some other sort of jungle gym during chase and I'll lose sight briefly, and I lose chase. I'm still chasing, she's still running but the chase is gone. It'll initiate again once I get closer, then once I lose line of sight without massive distance loss it goes away again.
During a chase ill lose blood lost during a chase several times. Feels broken. Like how can you lose chase when your still chasing? Lol.
I always thought distance is what determines it, but at t walls she can turn a corner and it goes away and immediately starts up again.
Either way I'm losing any Chace at bloodlust when this happens.
Also, are scratch marks broken again? I was chasing Bill through shack. Followed his marks out the door, and they just vanished. I thought boons but at the end nobody was running shadow step. It was weird. This happens a few times today.
Comments
Regarding Bill what perks did he have? There are a few survivor perks that can suppress scratch marks (e.g. Poised would make him not show scratches for 10 seconds if a gen was completed while chasing him.)
Yeah I noticed that happening a lot actually. I didn't think to bring it up because I wasn't completely sure if its supposed to be this way so I just ignored it. Pretty annoying when survivors got more chase time than usual because of it.
This is how it's supposed to work though. Wouldn't be surprise if anything is broken in this game like how sounds are.
Chase mechanic is built on line of sight and the survivor sprinting and Bloodlust relies on the chase mechanic so it's pretty possible to lose bloodlust when losing line of sight of the survivor (as well as losing bloodlust).
Without seeing video with regards to the scratchmark issue, it's kind of hard to give a clear answer as to what happened - perk loadout of the Bill would help for sure.
The chase start/stop feels super finicky. I've noticed this as survivor when trying to complete the "while in chase...." challenges, they take longer than necessary because of when the game considers you in/out of a chase.
Chase start/end feels super strange since last update. Sometime you lose survivor for 3s and chase is gone, then you chase for another 5s and chase music barely starts again.
Also if you leave survivor in chase, it takes several seconds to end chase sometimes, even tho you re already 40m away. Its super annoying for PWYF builds
Scratch marks and TR (from survivor POV) are bugged for several updates now. So nothing new in that department